Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 7 of 7  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page « 13 4 5 6 7
Biancini1995
Post subject: Re: Brazil AU but modern FleetPosted: January 22nd, 2012, 12:12 am
I'm still working in some AU WW1 ships with some help but later you will see modern ships.

And I'm crazy to use those aircrafts

Definitive AU coming^^

[Profile] [Quote]
SrGopher
Post subject: Re: Brazil AU but modern FleetPosted: January 22nd, 2012, 1:28 am
ONI-Defense wrote:
That is actually a second or inner set of fins. I have no idea why for any reason the air frame would need extra fins other than that it looks cool in the eyes of the designer.

[ img ]
Actually, it may be possible that they could provide some stability in low speed flight. That was part of the design of the F-18. Albeit, this is a pretty over-exaggerated version.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Brazil AU but modern FleetPosted: January 22nd, 2012, 11:59 am
The Hornet prototype had LERXs and big canted fins (two of) the only thing that I can remotely think that the smaller surfaces are for on this is that the person who came up with it moved the tailplane/elevators to that weird current position which don't look moveable at all.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Brazil AU but modern FleetPosted: January 22nd, 2012, 5:38 pm
ONI-Defense wrote:
For the exact reason throughout your post, because it looks cool or unusual to people, thus forming a strong appeal to the designs.
Yeah but way too often it just ends up reeking of desperation to make up for game shortcomings they can see a mile away but are too lazy to actually address directly, especially for a third-person shooter.

Grand Theft Auto (and Saints Row to a lesser degree) has the appropriate balance for a sandbox game - yeah they have helicopters but they're not the main focus, which should be foot action. Just Cause and Mercenaries try to do too many things at once.
Quote:
Well with AC:AH, there is the ASF-X Shinden II operated under the USAF and Japan Air Self Defense Force, but that is strictly a downloadable content piece and isn't packaged into the main game as a special unlockable or as an enemy ace like in most of the older games in the series.
AC isn't quite as bad as people make them out to be, plus the ASF-X was designed by the same guy who gave us Macross - and he actually has an aerospace engineering background.

[Profile] [Quote]
ONI-Defense
Post subject: Re: Brazil AU but modern FleetPosted: January 22nd, 2012, 5:52 pm
It isn't bad with that, and it's actually my favorite game series. The X-02 Wyvern stands as my top aircraft to fly, ever since they introduced it in AC-4 Shattered Skies.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 7 of 7  [ 65 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 13 4 5 6 7

Jump to: