Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Banana Republic FFG(?)Posted: September 3rd, 2010, 11:30 am
[ img ]

This is a quick design study I made for a nation called St. Martingale, your typical banana republic dictatorship. I wanted something impressive enough to scare the natives, and give the other dictators in the region a pause, without being all that impressive in and of itself. I love the Nanus, and it seems as if they are perfect for the job, but I wanted something just a tad longer, with more guns, so I used a Petya hull. From this angle, I think it looks rather nice, but I don't know about the width of the vessel. Arms are procured from whoever is willing to do business, which doesn't include everyone, such as the USA, with some equipment procured from the international black market. I was thinking of replacing the Chinese CIWS with an OTO "fast 40" What thinks everyone here?

If it's close enough to cast a shadow, I think the flying house wins initiative.

Bronies are like the Forsworn. Everyone agrees that they are a problem but nobody wants to expend the energy rooting them out.

"That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way."

Last edited by Obsydian Shade on September 3rd, 2010, 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: Banana Republic FFG(?)Posted: September 3rd, 2010, 1:12 pm
I think I'm going with Imageshack from now on--big difference in display... Otherwise, I'll credit for the Nanu when I'm done with the final. I just wanted to get something up quickly for you to comment on. Incidently, for those who haven't figured it out, I'm Van Owen from the old board. I just felt like a change of name, and this is what came to mind after being up really late and having an unproductive conversation with a chatbot.

If it's close enough to cast a shadow, I think the flying house wins initiative.

Bronies are like the Forsworn. Everyone agrees that they are a problem but nobody wants to expend the energy rooting them out.

"That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way."

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Banana Republic FFG(?)Posted: September 3rd, 2010, 1:15 pm
you've done the crediting really REALLY wrong, please redo that. after that... well I don't know that much about russian ships, something looks off IMO, but I can be wrong.

[Profile] [Quote]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: Banana Republic FFG(?)Posted: September 3rd, 2010, 1:45 pm
Thanks for having a look, hopefully, this is better. Your comment alerted me to a couple of mistakes, which I managed to correct.

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Banana Republic FFG(?)Posted: September 3rd, 2010, 5:35 pm
No offence SpamBot 454, but I wouldn't (in your place as a newbie) kitbash Gollevainen's work; there are some former members in Davey Jones' Locker for less :twisted:

[Profile] [Quote]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: Banana Republic FFG(?)Posted: September 3rd, 2010, 7:03 pm
My hope is as long as it is good kitbashing, no offense will be taken. Judging from the lack of comments on it, there doesn't seem to be too much conceptually wrong with the design. At first, I was concerned with the difference between the hull width of the Petya vs the Nanu, but then I realized that the design doesn't *have* to represent a Naunu superstructure on a Petya hull, rather that it merely looks that way when viewed from the side. I've kitbashed Gollevainen's Nanu's before; I was merely told to use an updated version next time, as I'd used an older one from the net rather than the site last time.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Banana Republic FFG(?)Posted: September 3rd, 2010, 7:09 pm
don't get me wrong, but the lack of comments can also come because most people try to stay away from the beginners forum..... so don't say automaticly that it is good when no-one comments. I don't see anything wrong about it, but I think more experienced player might find some mistakes in it.... (they always do ;) )

[Profile] [Quote]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: Banana Republic FFG(?)Posted: September 3rd, 2010, 7:25 pm
Looks like I need to repost this in the Alt Universe/NS category when I get back from work, then, as that is where it technically goes. I was partially basing the lack of comments on the fact it was a kitbashed design, which seems to draw less attention than originals.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Banana Republic FFG(?)Posted: September 4th, 2010, 8:12 am
You can kitbash my stuff if you do it with respect and according to the rules.

But it certainly aint the road to conquere my heart.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Banana Republic FFG(?)Posted: September 4th, 2010, 5:05 pm
Gollevainen wrote:
You can kitbash my stuff if you do it with respect and according to the rules.
Ok then:
Colosseum wrote:
Shipbucket Forum Rules

This list is not designed to cover everything, Administration reserves the right to manage the forums and its members.

1. Do your best to spell correctly. Not everyone here speaks the best English and so writing in terrible grammar won't help them (or us, for that matter). Please try to keep all conversations in English for mutual understanding!

2. Do not spam, flame, bait, troll, snipe, etc.

3. Do not talk about pirated software, games, movies, etc. as this is illegal and will result in your automatic ban.

4. We reserve the right to edit your username, signature, or profile info if it is offensive.

5. Do not advertise other websites on our forum. Contact one of the admins if you would like to (legitimately) advertise.

6. You may not evade a ban by creating an alternate account. This will only increase the duration of your ban.

7. You may not create multiple accounts with the intent to violate the forum rules.

8. Always credit properly when drawing new ships!

9. Judging and giving feedback to drawings is very important part of this forum and the whole shipbucket idea. Good manners, however, are required when you comment on someone else's drawings. Even if the drawing is really bad, remain polite and constructive.

10. Signatures are limited to the following dimensions:
400 pixels in width
150 pixels in height

... with no following text. Moderators will remove your signature if you break this rule.

11. Mutual respect towards other forum members is expected. All personal attacks, remarks and general bashing are forbidden. Swearing and otherwise foul language is also forbidden. If some member(s) cause you trouble, contact the administrators and do not start your own vendetta.

12. This is a forum designed specifically for drawing shipbucket drawings and to serve as a channel for broadcasting them. Discussions of ships and other assorted should be made in the proper sub-forums, not in the drawing forums.

13. The rules and the general code of conduct is policed by the administrators and moderators ONLY. Users who "backseat moderate" will be punished according to the standard punishment scale.

14. The administrators and moderators words are the law. If we tell you to stop, it will be obeyed. Do not argue with management's rulings. Public arguing after moderation means an automatic warning. If you feel you are being treated wrongly, send a PM to an administrator.
Nope, doesn't look like he broke the rules to me.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 15 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: