[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
Author Message
Archimage
Post subject: Vingança-Class CorvettePosted: September 4th, 2010, 6:45 am
Offline
Posts: 13
Joined: September 3rd, 2010, 12:30 am
Location: Dexter's Laboratory
Hey all!

And this would be my first ship-bucket ship, and my first line-drawn thing period.

Its AU, or NationStates, or personal use... I still don't know the exact category, but here it is anyway.

It may be kinda-sucky to your experienced standards, but still, thoughts, feedback, and criticism please! :D

[ img ]

_________________
"Close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades and tactical nukes."

Channel operator for #Shipbucket, the IRC channel all things Shipbucket. Click here!


Top
[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Vingança-Class CorvettePosted: September 4th, 2010, 8:48 am
Offline
User avatar
Posts: 4070
Joined: July 27th, 2010, 5:25 am
Location: Vrijstaat
Welcome aboard first of all.
And now for your ship
1: It has no rudder
2: The aft missile launcher (Penguin? Gabriel?) will incinarate the helicopter on the pad.
3: Especially as you have no hngar, the VLS tube are taking up that space.
4: The Phalanx is poorly placed, even if you have another on the other side.
5:You have no aerial search radar, making the VLS missilel all but useless.
6: the RIHB is too exposed forward.
7: the 3' Oto-Melara (USN MK75) is too far forward.
8: If your ship is powered by gas turbines (judging from the shape of the funnel) than you need air intakes, which are missing.
That is all for now, as I'm not an expert on current ships designs, and this are the obvious mistakes.

_________________
[ img ] Thank you Kim for the crest

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"


Top
[Profile] [Quote]
Archimage
Post subject: Re: Vingança-Class CorvettePosted: September 4th, 2010, 8:57 am
Offline
Posts: 13
Joined: September 3rd, 2010, 12:30 am
Location: Dexter's Laboratory
Thanks, I already noticed the rudder and am working on it right now.

I will reposition the Gabriel in the aft to a better spot.

I think I am just going to end up removing the VLS missiles, as it was just a extra I added.

The forward gun is actually a OTO 76mm, but anyways, how far back do you suggest it to be moved?

Another newb question, I have no idea how to draw air intakes. Are they on a part sheet?

Edit:

And if I can ask, why are the positions of the CIWS so bad?

_________________
"Close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades and tactical nukes."

Channel operator for #Shipbucket, the IRC channel all things Shipbucket. Click here!


Top
[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Vingança-Class CorvettePosted: September 4th, 2010, 1:45 pm
Offline
User avatar
Posts: 3741
Joined: July 27th, 2010, 3:06 am
Contact: Website
Archimage wrote:
Thanks, I already noticed the rudder and am working on it right now.

I will reposition the Gabriel in the aft to a better spot.

I think I am just going to end up removing the VLS missiles, as it was just a extra I added.
Yeah RAM might be a better fit for a ship this size. Either the SeaRAM mount of the Mk-49 with an upgraded sensor set.
Quote:
The forward gun is actually a OTO 76mm, but anyways, how far back do you suggest it to be moved?
I'd leave it right where it is.
Quote:
Edit:

And if I can ask, why are the positions of the CIWS so bad?
You don't have the beam to mount them, or the need for them period.

_________________
Please don't call me Tim. If you don't want to use Timothy, use TJ.
MATHNET - To Cogitate and to Solve


Top
[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Vingança-Class CorvettePosted: September 4th, 2010, 5:07 pm
Offline
User avatar
Posts: 2766
Joined: July 28th, 2010, 4:14 pm
Archimage wrote:
And if I can ask, why are the positions of the CIWS so bad?
If nothing else, in addition to what's been said, you can get better coverage with just one if you mount it on top of a high point.


Top
[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Vingança-Class CorvettePosted: September 4th, 2010, 5:16 pm
Offline
User avatar
Posts: 7215
Joined: July 28th, 2010, 12:25 pm
Location: the netherlands
and if you use an RAM instead of the VLS, you don't even need those phalanxes ;)

btw, you can draw air intakes just by an panel with holes in it (don't know how to say that in english :D )
IMO, you can better add an hangar, or remove the helideck.

_________________
Drawings are credited with J.Scholtens
I ask of you to prove me wrong. Not say I am wrong, but prove it, because then I will have learned something new.


Top
[Profile] [Quote]
Archimage
Post subject: Re: Vingança-Class CorvettePosted: September 4th, 2010, 6:54 pm
Offline
Posts: 13
Joined: September 3rd, 2010, 12:30 am
Location: Dexter's Laboratory
TimothyC wrote:
Archimage wrote:
Thanks, I already noticed the rudder and am working on it right now.

I will reposition the Gabriel in the aft to a better spot.

I think I am just going to end up removing the VLS missiles, as it was just a extra I added.
Yeah RAM might be a better fit for a ship this size. Either the SeaRAM mount of the Mk-49 with an upgraded sensor set.
Quote:
The forward gun is actually a OTO 76mm, but anyways, how far back do you suggest it to be moved?
I'd leave it right where it is.
Quote:
Edit:

And if I can ask, why are the positions of the CIWS so bad?
You don't have the beam to mount them, or the need for them period.
Alrighty.
acelanceloet wrote:

btw, you can draw air intakes just by an panel with holes in it (don't know how to say that in english :D )
IMO, you can better add an hangar, or remove the helideck.
With the removal of the VLS, I am going to heighten the superstructure they were in into a hanger.

A panel with holes? should be easy enough. :lol:

_________________
"Close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades and tactical nukes."

Channel operator for #Shipbucket, the IRC channel all things Shipbucket. Click here!


Top
[Profile] [Quote]
Archimage
Post subject: Re: Vingança-Class CorvettePosted: September 4th, 2010, 7:31 pm
Offline
Posts: 13
Joined: September 3rd, 2010, 12:30 am
Location: Dexter's Laboratory
Which brings us to this. List:
  • Added air-intakes
    Removed VLS
    Enlarged hanger
    Added rudder
    Moved RHIB
    Removed CIWS
[ img ]

_________________
"Close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades and tactical nukes."

Channel operator for #Shipbucket, the IRC channel all things Shipbucket. Click here!


Top
[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Vingança-Class CorvettePosted: September 4th, 2010, 7:38 pm
Offline
User avatar
Posts: 7215
Joined: July 28th, 2010, 12:25 pm
Location: the netherlands
now add an RAM on top of the hangar, add more air intakes (2 will hardly be enough, at least 4 are needed IMHO.
but first of all, the RHIB couldn't be at that place on the bow BECAUSE IT GOT TOO WET out there. maybe you have to reconsider the place you put it, because the bow wave will go right into that RHIB bay.

_________________
Drawings are credited with J.Scholtens
I ask of you to prove me wrong. Not say I am wrong, but prove it, because then I will have learned something new.


Top
[Profile] [Quote]
Archimage
Post subject: Re: Vingança-Class CorvettePosted: September 4th, 2010, 7:48 pm
Offline
Posts: 13
Joined: September 3rd, 2010, 12:30 am
Location: Dexter's Laboratory
Another quick one, as I noticed the RHIB was to low, and I lost my waterline marker when I added the rudder.

[ img ]

_________________
"Close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades and tactical nukes."

Channel operator for #Shipbucket, the IRC channel all things Shipbucket. Click here!


Top
[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


The team | Delete all board cookies | All times are UTC


cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
[ GZIP: Off ]