Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 6 of 7  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page « 13 4 5 6 7 »
KHT
Post subject: Re: Swedish Dreadnought(first attempt at SB style drawing)Posted: November 27th, 2011, 8:24 pm
Here we have the refitted HMS Göta Lejon! Further scavanging other people's drawings and partsheats, I've(hopefully) raised to late 30s standard! :)
Hope you like it! :D
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Psilander
Post subject: Re: Swedish Dreadnought(first attempt at SB style drawing)Posted: November 30th, 2011, 8:21 pm
The last versions looks ok
I would
- move X & Y turret forward. The hull is too shallow for magazines there. You also have props running right out the hull in the middle of your aft magazine. The X turret should be just over the aft 12cm mount. The secondaries need aswell to moved forward by the same length
- Be carefull with shadeing. Look att good watercolors or prints of ships for the right shades. But beware - it is not liked at SB.

Worklist
All Royal Swedish Navy units from 1522 to present

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: Swedish Dreadnought(first attempt at SB style drawing)Posted: December 4th, 2011, 9:46 am
Well, continuing with the moding...
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Swedish Dreadnought(first attempt at SB style drawing)Posted: December 4th, 2011, 10:05 am
All guns must be displayed with their barrels at zero elevation unless physicaly incapable of doing so.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: Swedish Dreadnought(first attempt at SB style drawing)Posted: December 4th, 2011, 11:35 am
Thiel wrote:
All guns must be displayed with their barrels at zero elevation unless physicaly incapable of doing so.
I don't know if the Gyrostabilized Bofors 40mm is capable of zero elevation. I "borrowed" them from psilander, who made them at 45-ish elevation. If it looks better though, I can redo them to zero.

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Swedish Dreadnought(first attempt at SB style drawing)Posted: December 4th, 2011, 11:41 am
@KHT you have to credit Bezobrazov for his excellent badge for HSwMS Göta Lejon ;)

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: Swedish Dreadnought(first attempt at SB style drawing)Posted: December 4th, 2011, 11:45 am
At the very momment I entered this page and saw your comment, I was just on my way to do exactly that... for the third-ish time before being side-tracked...
Should that be said in the picture or in the post?

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Swedish Dreadnought(first attempt at SB style drawing)Posted: December 4th, 2011, 11:51 am
KHT wrote:
At the very momment I entered this page and saw your comment, I was just on my way to do exactly that... for the third-ish time before being side-tracked...
Should that be said in the picture or in the post?
You could set a bracket after the bracket with the ship drawer like this:
(KHT) (CoA by Bezobrazov)
or set a bracket beneath the badge only with the name (Bezobrazov)
The most common is the first though. :)

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
Psilander
Post subject: Re: Swedish Dreadnought(first attempt at SB style drawing)Posted: December 4th, 2011, 12:10 pm
I would still move the aft turrets forward about a centimer in the pic. The belt should not be raised to the top side of the ship, keep it as a straight line maybe a meter or two over the wateline, maybe lower at the ends.

Look att IRL designs for inspiration - like the Iron Duke or QEs of the same era.

Worklist

[Profile] [Quote]
Psilander
Post subject: Re: Swedish Dreadnought(first attempt at SB style drawing)Posted: December 4th, 2011, 12:12 pm
KimWerner wrote:
@KHT you have to credit Bezobrazov for his excellent badge for HSwMS Göta Lejon ;)
About the badge - It is heraldicly correct. but it isnät in the style that the Royal Swedish navy depicted them.

Worklist

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 6 of 7  [ 67 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 13 4 5 6 7 »

Jump to: