Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Low Bridge, ev'rybody downPosted: November 23rd, 2011, 12:15 pm
That's okay, I hadn't recalled seeing any earlier work; and re the screw, its a time-honoured custom to use stuff off other folks drawings; so if you check similar sized craft you'll probably find something; that apart, there's the carious parts sheets :)

[Profile] [Quote]
josephw71
Post subject: Re: Low Bridge, ev'rybody downPosted: November 23rd, 2011, 8:04 pm
I think I am starting to like it at this point, I know those colors are bright, but lord knows I painted a lot of "Canal" Blue and "Canal" Yellow. Once they sent us some "school bus yellow" (They send you unlabeled can and you had to open them to see what color it was) and I painted some bollards with it. I heard all about that.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Low Bridge, ev'rybody downPosted: November 23rd, 2011, 8:18 pm
I might be wrong, as I am not familiar with the ship type, but doesn't this ship have a lot of trim, judging from the pic?

[Profile] [Quote]
josephw71
Post subject: Re: Low Bridge, ev'rybody downPosted: November 23rd, 2011, 11:13 pm
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by trim in this case?

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Low Bridge, ev'rybody downPosted: November 24th, 2011, 6:53 am
the same as it means in normal ship terminology: the stern lays much deeper then the bow. look at the pic: while the tug is laying on her keel, but her waterline makes an angle with that. so if you draw her with the waterline as 0 position (as we do in sb) the keel has to be angled, and her draft must be deeper at the stern then on the bow.

[Profile] [Quote]
josephw71
Post subject: Re: Low Bridge, ev'rybody downPosted: November 24th, 2011, 2:30 pm
Artist error is a distinct possibility, but if you look at her underway:
http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2011 ... 248050.txt
and docked:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/canaltownt ... 969143153/
could be it does sit that low at the stern.

This is my first real ship, so still working on my drawing skills.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: