Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 6 of 10  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page « 14 5 6 7 810 »
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Emperor George I class Super Battleship try two.Posted: February 1st, 2012, 5:07 pm
SrGopher wrote:
-The second third and fourth turrets look as though they barely have room to clear the superstructure while rotating on their mount.
-You have completely taken no advantage of the ship's space to include those 4.7" guns that you used to put on all of your ships, and would actually work here now that you've gotten those massive British-style 20" guns. -Casemates are out of place when looked at next to the 20" guns, as are the other secondaries you have. You can easily fit maybe 8-12 twin DP guns in place of the secondaries you currently have.
-Your spotting tops are on dangerously thin tripod mounts.
-Depending on the beam, those cranes might not clear the edge of the ship with those boats.
-That crane for the planes is bigger than the cranes for the boats. Try looking at more contemporary designs that wouldn't be as restrictive or delicate to the fire from triple 20" guns.
Working on it.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Emperor George I class Super Battleship try two.Posted: February 1st, 2012, 9:04 pm
I think APDAF is a superior troll.

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Emperor George I class Super Battleship try two.Posted: February 2nd, 2012, 9:50 pm
UPDATED.

I think I have solved most of the problems, bar the Spotting tops.

[Profile] [Quote]
HMS Sophia
Post subject: Re: Emperor George I class Super Battleship try two.Posted: February 2nd, 2012, 9:55 pm
Trololololol....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1orMXD_Ijbs

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Emperor George I class Super Battleship try two.Posted: February 2nd, 2012, 9:59 pm
I don't get it.

[Profile] [Quote]
Zephyr
Post subject: Re: Emperor George I class Super Battleship try two.Posted: February 2nd, 2012, 10:15 pm
Yeah, those spotting tops may need a bit more support than they currently have.

[Profile] [Quote]
SrGopher
Post subject: Re: Emperor George I class Super Battleship try two.Posted: February 3rd, 2012, 3:08 am
You're getting better and better...but you have massive spacing issues with your new secondary battery. Spread them out, and you can just put them straight onto the deck without any need for an extra deck level. Your ship is big enough. Then, make better supports for the mast. The poles are to thin, and that support you have directly under the spotting top won't provide much support. Try making it a diagonal support instead of the L-shaped ones that you have right now. Then, make a bigger platform for the spotlights, and add some sort of ladder to them. The one you have right now is very overstated compared to what is looks like in real life. Finally, make the amidships cranes bigger, or make those boats smaller.

And just as a last touch, try redoing the bow. Its not within the same time period as the props or the weapons that you put on the ship. And get rid of that glass viewing deck on the stern. It would do the ship no good in stormy weather.

[Profile] [Quote]
Radome
Post subject: Re: Emperor George I class Super Battleship try two.Posted: February 3rd, 2012, 12:58 pm
This is my take on this whole topic.
[ img ]

"Emperor George I the holy god emperor of the empire of Britannia Keiser of Germany"
Seriously?!?

[Profile] [Quote]
Clonecommander6454
Post subject: Re: Emperor George I class Super Battleship try two.Posted: February 3rd, 2012, 3:15 pm
I just found a new usage for this ship:
[ img ]

PS: I want triple facepalm, double is not even enough.

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Emperor George I class Super Battleship try two.Posted: February 3rd, 2012, 4:17 pm
SrGopher wrote:
You're getting better and better...but you have massive spacing issues with your new secondary battery. Spread them out, and you can just put them straight onto the deck without any need for an extra deck level. Your ship is big enough. Then, make better supports for the mast. The poles are to thin, and that support you have directly under the spotting top won't provide much support. Try making it a diagonal support instead of the L-shaped ones that you have right now. Then, make a bigger platform for the spotlights, and add some sort of ladder to them. The one you have right now is very overstated compared to what is looks like in real life. Finally, make the amidships cranes bigger, or make those boats smaller.

And just as a last touch, try redoing the bow. Its not within the same time period as the props or the weapons that you put on the ship. And get rid of that glass viewing deck on the stern. It would do the ship no good in stormy weather.
Are you talking about the 6'' guns or the 4.5''?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 6 of 10  [ 99 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 14 5 6 7 810 »

Jump to: