Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 6  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
KHT
Post subject: Re: Gotrige Super Dreadnought HGrMS Sverkre GripPosted: December 11th, 2011, 8:28 pm
V 1.3.
[ img ]
Hope you like it! :D

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: Gotrige Super Dreadnought HGrMS Sverkre GripPosted: December 11th, 2011, 8:32 pm
bezobrazov wrote:
You may want to check deck height between the portholes. As it is now, there's simply not enough height 'tween decks! And, yes, potholes should be bigger, unless they are specific for a section of the ship, such as the superstructure, where their sizes may vary...
Dangit, had to miss your post right before posting V. 1.3! :mrgreen:
I'll see to the level between portholes emeadietely...

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Gotrige Super Dreadnought HGrMS Sverkre GripPosted: December 11th, 2011, 8:36 pm
Don't you think that there is too many portholes ? Every one of them is a structural weakness.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Gotrige Super Dreadnought HGrMS Sverkre GripPosted: December 11th, 2011, 9:51 pm
Yeah, I tend to agree with Rhade on that issue... ditch quite a few of those...and, what says that they need to be evenly matched between the decks? Look at other RL-designs, and you'll find that is not the case! Here you can use your 'naval designer' imagination to imagine the actual deck layout of your ship, and when you do that, you'll soon find that not every wardroom, storage, closet etc etc warrants a porthole! Also, being a Scandinavian vessel, I'd suggest creating an Admiral's wardroom/stateroom with cabins aft,with larger shutters on top of the scuttles (you can find multiple examples, again, if you browse through the RL-designs!)

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Gotrige Super Dreadnought HGrMS Sverkre GripPosted: December 12th, 2011, 4:11 am
The armor belt is aphysically deep. It would need to be very thin with those dimensions.

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: Gotrige Super Dreadnought HGrMS Sverkre GripPosted: December 12th, 2011, 10:19 am
And so we go on to V. 1.4.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Gotrige Super Dreadnought HGrMS Sverkre GripPosted: December 12th, 2011, 3:30 pm
Better, but still a bit too static with regards to porthole spacing. Read my last comments one more time, and you might understand what I mean...

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: Gotrige Super Dreadnought HGrMS Sverkre GripPosted: December 13th, 2011, 8:17 pm
bezobrazov wrote:
Better, but still a bit too static with regards to porthole spacing. Read my last comments one more time, and you might understand what I mean...
I am currently working on the portholes' layout, though it might take a while to figure out...
However, I didn't quite get what you ment by:
bezobrazov wrote:
Also, being a Scandinavian vessel, I'd suggest creating an Admiral's wardroom/stateroom with cabins aft,with larger shutters on top of the scuttles (you can find multiple examples, again, if you browse through the RL-designs!)
:oops: :oops: :oops:
Would that mean something on the far aft, like a sort of big-window-ish piece in the hull, or a small cabin-thingy sticking up 'tween the aft turrets and the funnels? As I didn't quite get what I was supposed to be looking for, it became kind of hard to find any good example... :(

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: Gotrige Super Dreadnought HGrMS Sverkre GripPosted: December 23rd, 2011, 6:48 pm
Well, after a long time, I give to you V 1.5. Frankly, the window placing here was mostly generated by random, as that is a detail which I have almost given up upon.
Hope you like it anyways! :D
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Zephyr
Post subject: Re: Gotrige Super Dreadnought HGrMS Sverkre GripPosted: December 23rd, 2011, 9:41 pm
It's improving. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 6  [ 53 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Jump to: