Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
Rhade
Post subject: Re: My second design - Torrens Class FFG (RAN AU)Posted: January 1st, 2012, 8:48 am
Pink ?! Why TimothyC ... why !!!

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: My second design - Torrens Class FFG (RAN AU)Posted: January 1st, 2012, 8:55 am
Done some rejigging. Replaced director with 2nd Typhoon mount. Harpoon launcher updated (2 mounts facing each other - 8 tubes in total) and 3 inch mount replaced with a 5 inch. VLS mount also updated.
Attachment:
Australia (Alternate Universe), Torrens Class FFG247 HMAS Torrens.png

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: My second design - Torrens Class FFG (RAN AU)Posted: January 1st, 2012, 9:00 am
I agree with Tim on this. LEUT_East, you have an enormous potential here, so just cleaning up those highlighted areas and then having it moved to another section, such as Never Builts, Personal Design or whatever category it'd fit, would make the whole SB-community very happy!

This is, in my view a very sharp and well-balanced design. Too bad, with the economic downturn (some would say it's a good thing!), that neither the RAN or, for that matter, any other navy can pursue the building of this design!

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: My second design - Torrens Class FFG (RAN AU)Posted: January 1st, 2012, 9:44 am
Rhade wrote:
Pink ?! Why TimothyC ... why !!!
Easy. Prior to the mass proliferation ship's logos it was one of the few colors on the default Paint.NET pallet that wasn't used in any of the ships in the classic (photobucket) archive. These facts made it an excellent color for catching stray pixels on drawings. The fact that it is still so rarely used and that it stands out so readily is why I still use it.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: My second design - Torrens Class FFG (RAN AU)Posted: January 1st, 2012, 9:51 am
Yeah, feel free to continue your future postings in the "grown ups" sections ;) Nice work here, and welcome aboard in most offical manners as well...

[Profile] [Quote]
Rusel
Post subject: Re: My second design - Torrens Class FFG (RAN AU)Posted: January 1st, 2012, 12:16 pm
C'mon Ozzie c'mon c'mon
Beautiful work
If I may ask a couple of questions
Up to what sea state would the aft sea doors be functional in
and would over the side RHIB capability be an enhancement for sea states above that,
given the treacherous seas our folks sometimes work in ie xmas island rescue where the RHIB ops were outstanding
thanx again very inspiring work!

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: My second design - Torrens Class FFG (RAN AU)Posted: January 1st, 2012, 3:17 pm
An excellent start. Welcome aboard.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
iiradned
Post subject: Re: My second design - Torrens Class FFG (RAN AU)Posted: January 4th, 2012, 8:05 am
Looks interesting and a good start.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: