Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ] 
Lyon
Post subject: Empire of Peru Corvette class defenderPosted: February 10th, 2012, 8:24 pm
:D is my first participation in shipbucket and I present to the class corvette defender of the empire of peru

inspired by the navy corvette Inhaúma of brazil :D

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Empire of Peru Corvette class defenderPosted: February 10th, 2012, 11:47 pm
Any image host that instantly links me to LiveJasmin.com probably isn't the type of image host you want on Shipbucket.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Empire of Peru Corvette class defenderPosted: February 11th, 2012, 12:00 am
I'm not quite sure what program you have used but, its not exactly SB standards. Its a great start but its saved as a .JPG instead of the usual .PNG

Also thanks Klagdsf for the warning about the pop-up

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Empire of Peru Corvette class defenderPosted: February 11th, 2012, 4:03 pm
Yes, please try to find a decent image host, even Photobucket if nothing better. Meanwhile, moving to Beginners for now

[Profile] [Quote]
LordMalachi
Post subject: Re: Empire of Peru Corvette class defenderPosted: February 11th, 2012, 5:11 pm
I'm not too sure about that gun on the superstructure. I'd suggest moving it to a lower deck. Though I could be wrong, I'm still learning.

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Empire of Peru Corvette class defenderPosted: February 11th, 2012, 6:33 pm
He's using a current representation of the actual ship. the gun you mention IIRC is a Bofors, but here it looks like a 76mm Oto. But yes, that's where it sits, as you'd find if you Googled it.

[Profile] [Quote]
LordMalachi
Post subject: Re: Empire of Peru Corvette class defenderPosted: February 11th, 2012, 7:59 pm
Alright alright, I just googled it and yes that is where it sits. I don't understand the mechanics of having a turreted gun on an overhang, but I won't question it since it's real. Which brings up the reason I didn't feel it was a good idea, from just the posted image there was no way to know that not only was the second deck not thinner (width wise) than the first, but it actually is wider and overhangs the first deck.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only”

Jump to: