Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 3  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3
Andorianus
Post subject: Re: Anghellis class v2.0Posted: February 23rd, 2012, 5:16 pm
Btw, missed Alvama's reply: Ty Alvama!

Can't wait to see what you'll come up with, Ace.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Anghellis class v2.0Posted: February 23rd, 2012, 7:59 pm
[ img ]
you might want to recolour it to your navy's own colours, but I think I did an decent job....
next to it you see the systems I used for reference. I suggest you draw an small foot for her, depending on how high you want her on the ship, as the SMART-L derived radar has to be able to overlook all obstacles.
I guestimate the weight of the mast on about 60 tons. the cabinets for the radar controls are all integrated in the mast, the cooling system is not! the mast needs integration in the ships cooling systems, I would suggest putting those as close as possible to them, for example in the foot that you might make. if you don't need an foot, the mast has 0.5 deck penetration.

the directors have limited guidance channels and range compared with APAR, but for gun guidance, basic ASTER guidance and some auxilary guidance, I think it is good enough. another drawback is the fact that you have to enter the top floors from the outside when the SMART is working, otherwise you will be hit by the rotating array or microwaved (if that is an word) also, the radar cannot look straight up, I think she is limited to 60 degrees up or something like that.

hope you like it. ow and also, the 'flagmast' isn't really neccesary, and you could remodel it to your own preferences or move it to another mast..... but I just like to have it like that, and you need an place for the signal flags anyways :P it isn't my best work, but it is quite hard to get something so ungodly large as an SMART-L into an mast like this.

[Profile] [Quote]
Andorianus
Post subject: Re: Anghellis class v2.0Posted: February 23rd, 2012, 8:59 pm
That's really nice Ace! Thanks a lot! I'll admit she isn't beautiful though, but I like it! If I am fairly honest, it is only now that I realise how ungodly huge Smart-L really is... The mast I made before is like really cramped compared to this one, I realise now.

I'll think a bit about this, but I don't envision this I-mast on the new ship yet; it is clear that I will have to redesign the ship around it. (My apologies if I sound ungrateful.) Maybe I could make an "intermediate" mast (I-mast 700?) based on your parts, something in between the I-mast 500\400 and this I-mast+Smart-L? And then use the SMART-L equipped one for ABM/air defense destroyers and AMB/AAW destroyers only. Maybe for C&C purposes. Or would I be better off with I-mast 500 in that case?

As for the flagmast, again it's not the most beautiful solution but I guess it works, so thanks again and I'm keeping it.

PS: What is that other absolutely huge mast there? I recognise all the systems here except that one.
PSS: And also, why is the fire control at the top back on again?

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Anghellis class v2.0Posted: February 23rd, 2012, 9:06 pm
indeed, the mast you had would just fit SMART-S mk 1 :P nothing bigger.

if you put SMART-L apart, you can just use the LCF setup with the addition of ICAS and an ECM system. or you could use something like my SADF mast, but without the upper part with search radars. do whatever you want with it ;)

that other mast is the USS radfords AMESS mast, the prototype mast for the san antonio class masts. basically, it is the only comparable mast that is build in real life.

the fire control is back on top, because when you had APAR, it was useless, without APAR it might come handy. on smaller ships it would be advisable to just put the SATCOM back in place, but with the numerous guns and short range missiles you have on your cruiser you might lack guidance channels ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Erusia Force
Post subject: Re: Anghellis class v2.0Posted: February 23rd, 2012, 9:40 pm
I like the coloration of the windows, they give off the look preference of the FA-22. Nice stuff!

[Profile] [Quote]
Andorianus
Post subject: Re: Anghellis class v2.0Posted: February 24th, 2012, 9:06 am
Quote:
I like the coloration of the windows, they give off the look preference of the FA-22. Nice stuff!
Thanks. That was indeed the look I was going after, but next update it will be replaced by plain blue though.

Ace: I'll work around with it a bit. Thanks. Update will come soon.

[Profile] [Quote]
Andorianus
Post subject: Re: Anghellis class v2.0Posted: March 3rd, 2012, 6:53 pm
Sorry, I can't finish this any time soon. Maybe in a week or two...

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 3  [ 27 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3

Jump to: