Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 9  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 59 »
Erusia Force
Post subject: EFNS H-11 Type Heavy BBGMN DesignPosted: February 21st, 2012, 7:17 am
Alright, this is my first shipbucket type drawing. I am willing to let the naval masterminds which apparently are present on this forum enjoy themselves as they tear apart the flaws. In the meantime I am looking for possible suggestions for an improved (not too drastically) design to give a more modernized appearance.

This design is of a nuclear powered missile/fleet support battleship, tonnage over 100,000. The main armament consists of 12 16.5 inch guns utilizing guided shell technology integration.

Last edited by Erusia Force on April 11th, 2012, 5:23 am, edited 6 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
SHIPDUDE
Post subject: Re: EFNS H-11 Type Heavy BBGMN DesignPosted: February 21st, 2012, 7:20 am
:lol: Or...maybe...you are a double troll!

Just kidding! :P

You must credit or you will get the dreaded green text!

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: EFNS H-11 Type Heavy BBGMN DesignPosted: February 21st, 2012, 7:29 am
The hull seems sound but the weapons system is very difficult to follow, you have American Mains, Russian Secondaries, Dutch CIWS which there is not enough off really for defense, also I doubt the aft missile while last very long there, I would recommend moving them amidships. Try an standardize the gun systems to one nation. The sensors seem to be Russian and some american, I'll leave that to others who are more wise than I on the matter to explain it

Welcome aboard though!

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
SHIPDUDE
Post subject: Re: EFNS H-11 Type Heavy BBGMN DesignPosted: February 21st, 2012, 7:49 am
To modernize - lose all the guns and missiles and give it a flat top!

Or alternatively divide by 10!

[Profile] [Quote]
Erusia Force
Post subject: Re: EFNS H-11 Type Heavy BBGMN DesignPosted: February 21st, 2012, 7:53 am
The turrets are of my own design and based of British 15 inch gun type turrets. The weapon layout is erratic at this time an I understand the confusion, I have been focusing on main hull features. The reason for the kit bash of weapon tech is that this ship is the product of a collection of conquered countries from different spheres of influence in South America which have purchased numerous weapon systems from foreign designers. This ship design is ultimately aimed to marry mostly 90 era US tech with modern Russian/European systems. It is a diamond in ultra-rough right now.

[Profile] [Quote]
Erusia Force
Post subject: Re: EFNS H-11 Type Heavy BBGMN DesignPosted: February 21st, 2012, 7:56 am
To SHIPDUDE,

I am planning to make a carrier conversion of this design later. :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
Clonecommander6454
Post subject: Re: EFNS H-11 Type Heavy BBGMN DesignPosted: February 21st, 2012, 9:46 am
Rodondo wrote:
The hull seems sound but the weapons system is very difficult to follow, you have American Mains, Russian Secondaries, Dutch CIWS which there is not enough off really for defense, also I doubt the aft missile while last very long there, I would recommend moving them amidships. Try an standardize the gun systems to one nation. The sensors seem to be Russian and some american, I'll leave that to others who are more wise than I on the matter to explain it

Welcome aboard though!
French helicopter and SSM. Maybe a MTU diesel engine and Italian cooks :lol:
Also, why only two Antennas for AN/SPY-1? But anyways a nice drawing.

[Profile] [Quote]
Erusia Force
Post subject: Re: EFNS H-11 Type Heavy BBGMN DesignPosted: February 21st, 2012, 10:14 pm
Ha, now I know that everyone who views this is probably wondering "why the hell would someone waste 100,000 tons of material on of all things, a battleship ???? :roll: " There is a defendable answer my friends and a technology that brought this idea to me, Excalibur type guided artillary munitions. In today's combat zone, the main offensive arm of surface vessels (excluding the aircraft carrier) is the cruise missile and rich deck gun for land bombardment. However, cruise missiles can be down with CWIS/AMDS emplacement and the light deck guns lack the range and punch of the cruise missile, resulting in the possibility of targets with minimal damage during an engagement. The problem with contemporary naval artillery is that it was largely sighted with optical equipment and shells had to be properly aimed to hit the targets by accounting the degree of plunge, wind, and time spent in flight. Due to this, battleships often were non effective outside of 15 miles from the target. Yet, with the assistance of satellite imagery, gps, and guided shells, an artillery based warship could find new value within the fleet as a quick strike and somewhat stealthy weapon. With guided shells, they are nearly impossible to track on radar, are to fast to be downed by contemporary defense systems, and can accurately strike a target over considerable distance (projected 100-70 mile limit with mid-flight rocket assist system). In an engagement with such ordinance, it is likely that the enemy would be caught by surprise by suck an attack, hence my labeling as semi-stealth. Overall, that is my primary inspiration for the construction. I am still eager to hear everyones responses to this work-in-development and appreciate all advice. I am considering removing the aft torrent and replacing it with an extended vls emplacement.

cheers, and thanks everyone for the comments!

[Profile] [Quote]
Erusia Force
Post subject: Re: EFNS H-11 Type Heavy BBGMN DesignPosted: February 21st, 2012, 10:20 pm
This is the work i have done today in removing the superstructure, more SPY1 type radars.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: EFNS H-11 Type Heavy BBGMN DesignPosted: February 21st, 2012, 10:32 pm
When it come to SPY-1 faced (plates) you only need 4. one in etch direction.

one pointed forward.
one to etch side.
one aft.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 9  [ 83 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 59 »

Jump to: