Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 3  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 »
sebu
Post subject: Re: Trimaran FACPosted: October 1st, 2010, 4:15 pm
Thanks Colombamike for your comments. I agree about sam. Crotale may be to heavy for this so it's replaced with Mistral; perhaps I was too greedy concerning the armament. Also 12,7mm MG added.
This could be more streamlined but somehow I like "eyebrowses" on the bridge... Also the vessel is quite compact already so could it really be more stealthy, I don't know. You probably ment something like in Skjold or Visby? I'll make more stelthy version but I won't post it if I don't like it :) But you can if you wish... On the other hand I'm not sure what kind of radar, communications etc. would suit on this; any ideas?
Vessel of this size is not capable in winter conditions and I don't think monohull would be any better, right? Especially when materials probably should be aluminium/composite anyway. But possible opponents have the same problem too.
The crew must be quite small here; 10-15 men so I'd need 1-2 rafts. Could I use those pontoons for life-rafts and decoy launchers? Measurements of a pontoon is roughly 30mx1,5m. And could AMOS shoot also decoys?

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: Trimaran FACPosted: October 1st, 2010, 6:51 pm
sebu wrote:
This could be more streamlined but somehow I like "eyebrowses" on the bridge... Also the vessel is quite compact already so could it really be more stealthy, I don't know. You probably ment something like in Skjold or Visby? I'll make more stelthy version but I won't post it if I don't like it :) But you can if you wish... On the other hand I'm not sure what kind of radar, communications etc. would suit on this; any ideas?
Yes, +/- similar to the Skjold/Visby design.
But this is YOUR DESIGN, YOUR CHOICE..; ;)
sebu wrote:
Vessel of this size is not capable in winter conditions and I don't think monohull would be any better, right? Especially when materials probably should be aluminium/composite anyway. But possible opponents have the same problem too.
I agree
sebu wrote:
The crew must be quite small here; 10-15 men so I'd need 1-2 rafts. Could I use those pontoons for life-rafts and decoy launchers?
2 rafts max, yes, I agree (usually +/- 6/9 sailors per raft......up to +/- 15/25 for some larger rafts models).
As usual, don't forget to add a % margin (in this case, a max of 3 life-rafts...)
sebu wrote:
Measurements of a pontoon is roughly 30mx1,5m. And could AMOS shoot also decoys?
A 120mm Mortar shell used for decoy, hmmm, I am not totally sure :?: , but technically not impossible...

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Trimaran FACPosted: October 1st, 2010, 7:09 pm
Its looking Lot better allready (thougth the actuall camo pattern seems to be more close to the current army's camoflage than to the traditional naval scheme.)
Thougth in shipbucket, if you use the camoflage, you need also to color the railing in accompanying shade (the bitchiest part in the painting part)

Also, here are proper flags to use:

[ img ]

As for the suitability of Trimaran hull to finnish purpose, I think its rather good (thougth I would have gone for full Air cushioning or SES desing, but each with his own way ). For ice-strengthening, the ship needs to be heavily and strongly build and that means always extra tonnage and topweigth for small warship, and thus its not feasible to have fast patrol vessels ice-strengthed. In finnish navy, only the Ship class vessels (Minelayers) are ice strengthed.

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Trimaran FACPosted: October 1st, 2010, 7:56 pm
Very interesting design!

[Quote]
sebu
Post subject: Re: Trimaran FACPosted: October 1st, 2010, 9:28 pm
Ok; rafts, MASS and brand new flag addad (thanks God for proper ensigns). Apparently lack of space is quite normal in this context...begin to realize that. And yes, camo is more like army pattern but I cannot copy all from your Hamina :) (now I noticed that railing might not be correctly fixed; I'll do it later)

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Trimaran FACPosted: October 2nd, 2010, 1:52 pm
well actually Hamina is MConrads work that Ive shamlessly copied to Helsinki's and Raumas, so what goes around, comes around ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Trimaran FACPosted: October 3rd, 2010, 11:16 am
A great looking little FAC, quite practical and it looks good too both in shipbucket terms and in overall looks.

Chaff/flare launchers are basically rifled mortars anyway so I can't see why a 120mm mortar wouldn't work (I'm sure Israel or some nation like that uses a 120mm mortar for just such a role).

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
moxica
Post subject: Re: Trimaran FACPosted: October 4th, 2010, 12:29 pm
Nice drawing! I really like that trimaran concept it gives alot of space on a short length!

[Profile] [Quote]
sebu
Post subject: Re: Trimaran FACPosted: October 6th, 2010, 9:09 am
Still one, more streamlined version as promised. And it, eh... looks better...

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: Trimaran FACPosted: October 6th, 2010, 6:50 pm
deleted

Last edited by Colombamike on March 30th, 2011, 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 3  [ 24 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3 »

Jump to: