Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 3  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 »
sebu
Post subject: Trimaran FACPosted: September 29th, 2010, 5:25 pm
So, here is another ship (or boat) for Finnish navy; my own this time. I'll try to examine the gray area between AU and real life so here is result. A small and cheap vessel with a lot of firepower. Main gun is Millenium-gun and in aft there is 120mm AMOS mortar and a stanflex-slot with either RBS-15, Grotale sam or a crane. Perhaps needless to say but this is for littoral conditions and especially for archipelago. There (or here) Amos could be quite handy- multiple rounds simultaneous impact (MRSI) at 14 to 13,000m range, precision ammunition, possibly asw-ammo, smoke and lightning. And all behind islands since the fire control could be separate. And always when we are talking about finnish navy vessels, there should be possibility to lay mines.

There are certainly pixel errors etc. so your opinions and remarks would be great. Top view isn't quite accurate; it's basically to show the trimaran idea. And of course your improvements to the picture would be more than welcome; I might even learn something...

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Trimaran FACPosted: September 30th, 2010, 7:59 am
Nice posting Sebu; and a real pleasure to see someone actually thinking about what they are designing. with RIB's, are you looking at slide delivery via ramps: as I don't see any cranes, and with that nice flat stern you could probably adapt it that way. Re the rest I reckon Gollevainen/Thiel/Psilander have the knowse to comment on the overall concept :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Trimaran FACPosted: September 30th, 2010, 11:01 am
Considering that the top down view shows the AMOS turret in place I guess the RIBs are there just to illustrate the position.

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Trimaran FACPosted: September 30th, 2010, 11:50 am
It seems a shame to loose the stanflex slot just to accomodate a crane; and I reckon semi-submerged berthing spots for the RIB's might work.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Trimaran FACPosted: September 30th, 2010, 2:38 pm
This one indeed looks lot more clearer than the orginal CAD image I saw in your E-mail.

So the Pontoons will rise somewhat taller than the actuall main deck? Would explain the invisibility of the RIBs and the railing and door missing a bottom.`

You could add some detail in places, like the mentioned crane (thougth it migth need to be drawn in low angle), lamps, support rails to the superstructure block...Give the bridge more angular shape like its done in the Hamina drawing and in other FACs (where I have shamelesly copied MConrads orginal one ;) )
Naturally field the three tongue State ensign with proper shade of blue :P (can be found in my Finnish drawings..)
Hmm...what else?
Oh yeas, the camoflage... :mrgreen:

[Profile] [Quote]
sebu
Post subject: Re: Trimaran FACPosted: September 30th, 2010, 5:15 pm
Thanks for your comments; all (I quess) fixed, even camo... It's done almost pixel by pixel, perkele ;)
But a good rehearsal for me actually. I also raised the stanflex-slot a bit and changed top view millenium.

Last edited by sebu on October 1st, 2010, 9:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
MC Spoilt B'stard
Post subject: Re: Trimaran FACPosted: September 30th, 2010, 5:27 pm
i love the trimaran design not for big ships but for this its looking good! nice draw on the AMOS!

------
Caption signing treaty with England by Johan de Witt

[Working List]
None

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Trimaran FACPosted: September 30th, 2010, 5:34 pm
Perkele indeed, looks like it took a wee while to do :\

One is interested in the fact that the smallest calibre weapon on there appears to be the millennium gun, Is there provision for anything smaller like some 12.7mm or 7.62mm MGs rather than wasting ammunition for the Millennium on things it's not suited for?

[Profile] [Quote]
sebu
Post subject: Re: Trimaran FACPosted: September 30th, 2010, 6:41 pm
Yep Bb, it took a while :shock: but fortynately this is a small boat. MGs had in mind but forgotten... Yet, there are plenty of room for them on sides. Here is at least one 12,7mm MG in Coast Guard version.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: Trimaran FACPosted: October 1st, 2010, 10:08 am
deleted

Last edited by Colombamike on March 30th, 2011, 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 3  [ 24 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page 1 2 3 »

Jump to: