Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 14 of 18  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page « 112 13 14 15 1618 »
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: IoT (Isle of Texas)Posted: August 31st, 2010, 4:52 pm
ezgo394 wrote:
Yeah my priorities are straight. Why wouldn't they be?
*facepalm*

To answer your first question, Carson Composites offers a significant upgrade package to the Sea King including brand spankin' new rotor blades that are made of - get ready for this shocker - composites. I should note that this upgrade primarily upgrades and extends the actual service life of the airframe (because Sea Kings get used a lot, and are old, so they're getting worn out) rather than as an actual capability upgrade (though I'm sure there's a package for that somewhere too), but for a utility helicopter like the Sea King it pretty much has all the utility you really need straight out of the box. Cockpit upgrades are all you really need, other than the life extensions.

And no, I do not know of any situation where you need a faster Sea King.

For your second question, I do not know.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: IoT (Isle of Texas)Posted: October 14th, 2010, 12:19 am
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: IoT (Isle of Texas)Posted: October 14th, 2010, 7:39 am
it's beginning to look better, but it's still nowwhere to real life IMO. the subs are way too short btw, there is no place for the powerplant.

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: IoT (Isle of Texas)Posted: October 14th, 2010, 5:00 pm
Considering where you started from, this (latest) posting shows definite growth and improvement, and for that you deserve credit. However...........there are some areas to work on; and I haven't the time to get detailed but for a start I noticed you've got stairs that will intrude into areas (like the flightdeck) - better to have vertical ladders in the same place. And the ships boats are placed too high ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: IoT (Isle of Texas)Posted: October 14th, 2010, 9:28 pm
The sub is based on the German 212.
Thanks PB, I'll work on that when I can.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: IoT (Isle of Texas)Posted: October 18th, 2010, 1:13 am
Here is my aircraft carrier. We operate 2 of them. They have limited amphibious assault capability, and can support CATOBAR and CATOVL operations.
Length : 800
Beam : 160
Draught : 25

[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: IoT (Isle of Texas)Posted: October 18th, 2010, 1:23 am
I'm going to need to see the even a basic top view of this puppy to give a judgment. None of the CATOBAR carriers in operation support amphibious opps. The trade offs between those two rolls are too extreme

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: IoT (Isle of Texas)Posted: October 18th, 2010, 1:29 am
Remember, I said LIMITED amphibious assault capability. One hovercraft.
Everything to the left is for catobar operations. There are going to be landing spots on the right side for helos and Harriers.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: IoT (Isle of Texas)Posted: October 18th, 2010, 6:29 am
The island superstructure is too far back. Unless it is a nuclear powered ship (which does not need a funnel), The only viable place for a funnel will be in front of the island. Even when using gas-turbines you need above deck space. With gas turbines it's usually for maintainance trough replacement, where you pull out thr old gas-turbine and replace it with a new one. Any other (steam usually) you need space for both the engines and boilers. Steam turbines are used in carriers especially, when excess stem is used by the catapults.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: IoT (Isle of Texas)Posted: October 18th, 2010, 8:00 am
I take back what I said earlier: this is not even a finished drawing :(

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 14 of 18  [ 173 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 112 13 14 15 1618 »

Jump to: