Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 16 of 18  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page « 114 15 16 17 18 »
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: IoT (Isle of Texas)Posted: October 22nd, 2010, 10:44 pm
Here is my second update. I moved the superstructure 530px from the bow, added the side elevator.
The main elevator is at the stern now, I added the funnels, finished 3 aircraft and I think it looks better now (the concept).
[ img ]

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: IoT (Isle of Texas)Posted: October 23rd, 2010, 8:45 am
It's getting beter :D

You have saved it wrong btw.

[Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: IoT (Isle of Texas)Posted: October 23rd, 2010, 12:13 pm
Its photobucket. I dont know how to change it.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: IoT (Isle of Texas)Posted: October 24th, 2010, 3:17 am
Ok, Im still deciding what catapult system to use.
Novice, the deck will NOT be floodable.
Im trying to add some visual effects to it, but I dont know what I need to add. (I know im needing the anchor).
[ img ]
The ship will be equipped for certain missions. Generally, it is a mix of the Battle group air wing, and the Marines Amphibious and Air Assault force, but can be adapted for one or the other.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: IoT (Isle of Texas)Posted: October 24th, 2010, 7:13 am
ezgo394 wrote:
Im trying to add some visual effects to it, but I dont know what I need to add. (I know im needing the anchor).
First you should add a mast for electronics, as it is your ship is blind.
look also at other carriers to look for what part are there (it would be extremely usefull if you know what all the are, and their function), as the sides of your carrier are bare-naked as it were.
Also take a look at your proprllers and rudder as they seem too small for a ship of that size.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: IoT (Isle of Texas)Posted: October 24th, 2010, 12:45 pm
maybe this will help.... the help I got when designing my carrier. although they are different in design, it may help you out on some points.
http://z11.invisionfree.com/shipbucket/ ... =2734&st=0

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: IoT (Isle of Texas)Posted: October 24th, 2010, 3:11 pm
Well, since I dont know much about Radars and the like, I was just thinking copy them from my Fort Worth Class CVN (which, in turn, was copied from the nimitz). Would that work, or would it be too powerful/large/overwhelming for this carrier?

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: IoT (Isle of Texas)Posted: November 5th, 2010, 2:52 am
Would it make sense to have a Miesweeper that is also a minelayer?

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: IoT (Isle of Texas)Posted: November 5th, 2010, 5:53 am
ezgo394 wrote:
Would it make sense to have a Miesweeper that is also a minelayer?
In the past many mineseepers had also the ability to lay mines. HMS Abdiel (1973) was in fact a training minelayer, used to train minesweepers , and so was used to lay mines.
I believe the RDN also used its sweepers to lay mines.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: IoT (Isle of Texas)Posted: November 5th, 2010, 9:12 am
You also have a very shallow draft on that design; so with the top weight it would be inherently unstable; but on the plus side you can get up rivers ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 16 of 18  [ 173 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 114 15 16 17 18 »

Jump to: