Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 6  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Republic of Patagonia.Posted: June 17th, 2012, 12:26 am
Something I just noticed:
travestytrav25 wrote:
Nothing is wrong with Kamovs. They're decent helos,
...that's about the only truly accurate statements made there.

As for the new design, I agree with the 57mm, I believe the Russians use some better designs now or if not go with the Bofors. Also why do you have such a significant overhang on your helo pad? I can't think of a situation outside of a yacht where something like that makes sense.

And you wouldn't be the first to mix Russian and Western systems, not even in real life.

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: Republic of Patagonia.Posted: June 17th, 2012, 3:56 am
:oops: well I'm embarrassed once again i guess my knowledge is not what i thought it was :?

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
Kilomuse
Post subject: Re: Republic of Patagonia.Posted: June 17th, 2012, 4:01 am
Actually Kamovs wouldn't be a bad choice. The FAA was interested in buying them for use on board Argentina's icebreakers but ultimately decided to refurbish its Super Pumas.

[Profile] [Quote]
Vodianoi
Post subject: Re: Republic of Patagonia.Posted: June 17th, 2012, 4:42 am
Well, the FAA as just adquired a couple of Mil Mi-17 to use on board our antartic icebreakers and ships. BTW, besides the Mi-8, are there other Mil helicopters in SB?
Trojan wrote:
:oops: well I'm embarrassed once again i guess my knowledge is not what i thought it was :?
I don´t see where you mistake. In my situation, all of you are big help.

The news is: The congress of Republic of Patagonia make the choice of Patagonia Mechanical. With a national enterprise like this, the politics decide not to get involved in foreign weapons systems, font of errors and mistakes. This is the product that will be used in my ships, including the Kokeske Class that is still in shipyard.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: Republic of Patagonia.Posted: June 17th, 2012, 4:49 am
Yes on the archive sights in part sheets theres helicopters you could probably find more Russian helicopters and speaking of part sheets yours pretty impressive though the Fenstrom on the Pa.Me 1.03 may or may not have to be bigger

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Republic of Patagonia.Posted: June 17th, 2012, 9:18 am
Time fo my 50 cents.

It's is patriotic to try make your own national chooper but not very probable. Republic as I see dont have exp and history in bulding that kind of machines. Then you can do what others do, advertised bidding. But part of production must be share with Republic industry. You can try to build one prototype, then maybe some low level series of new heli but for navy you take good, verified designs. As others say Kamovs are good choice.

If I understand Republic of Patagonia is new country, but you show us that sheet where there is almost all kinds of missiles, choopers etc: like she was a superpower.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Republic of Patagonia.Posted: June 17th, 2012, 10:04 am
system wise, there are more wrongs then rights on your ships. I suggest you stop listening to people who don't know anything about the systems they tell about, and start looking at real life ships. also, the underwater hull doesn't fit very well together and that prop is outdated as hell. again, start looking at the ships in the archive here: http://www.shipbucket.com/index.php

[Profile] [Quote]
Kilomuse
Post subject: Re: Republic of Patagonia.Posted: June 17th, 2012, 10:44 am
Rhade wrote:
Time fo my 50 cents.

It's is patriotic to try make your own national chooper but not very probable. Republic as I see dont have exp and history in bulding that kind of machines. Then you can do what others do, advertised bidding. But part of production must be share with Republic industry. You can try to build one prototype, then maybe some low level series of new heli but for navy you take good, verified designs. As others say Kamovs are good choice.
Well, it depends on the back story and how much of real-life Argentina he incorporates, and how far back. From 1940s to 1970s Argentina had the most advanced aero industry in South America, which received a big boost after WWII with a lot of German engineers. Maybe in this AU, instead of leaving for other countries as they did in the 60s, maybe the stayed put and the industry was well managed instead of letting it rot away.

[Profile] [Quote]
Vodianoi
Post subject: Re: Republic of Patagonia.Posted: June 17th, 2012, 12:47 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
system wise, there are more wrongs then rights on your ships. I suggest you stop listening to people who don't know anything about the systems they tell about, and start looking at real life ships. also, the underwater hull doesn't fit very well together and that prop is outdated as hell. again, start looking at the ships in the archive here: http://www.shipbucket.com/index.php
I swear i do that. And it´s true. I took the prop from another ship (dont remember the name),and that´s why i left the credits. Will try to make better the underwater line, thank you.

About the sheet. Of course i get the ucronia. You should do too. If i´m about to build DDG and FFG is presumably that Patagonia doesn´t have the real impediments. Patagonia Mechanical can do those missiles and a lot more. BTW, if Argentina in real, with her history, today is capable of enrich uranium and build long range missiles, why Patagonia shouldn´t.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Republic of Patagonia.Posted: June 17th, 2012, 1:33 pm
Then you need to show us some more background. I have no idea on what level of power is Republic and thats why I question souch rich weapon sheet.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 6  [ 52 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Jump to: