Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 6  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
Vodianoi
Post subject: Re: Republic of Patagonia.Posted: June 17th, 2012, 2:01 pm
Rhade wrote:
Then you need to show us some more background. I have no idea on what level of power is Republic and thats why I question souch rich weapon sheet.
I will, once i learn how the AU works and how to fill the template. In the real argentine patagonia territory is the "Vaca Grande" oilfield, and all i can say is that is pushing the new country. Besides that, i´m just let my mind fly a little bit. Don´t cut the wings, my friend, for that is reality.

[Profile] [Quote]
Vodianoi
Post subject: Re: Republic of Patagonia.Posted: June 17th, 2012, 2:51 pm
Well, here is she. I made some modifications according to your words. Hope you like it.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Republic of Patagonia.Posted: June 17th, 2012, 3:18 pm
ok. now I've had it.
let me tell you exactly what is wrong:
*underwater hull:
- the sonar dome is not streamlined like that. it is placed in the lines of the hull, not underneath it
- the bilge keel is too high
- that stern arrangement isn't gonna work. look at the perry for example (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/63276563/FFG-7% ... 20Hull.png) to see how an sinlge prop arrangement is gonna work. for dual prop, look at the spruance http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz22 ... 1975-6.png. other designs could work too, again look in the archive, but here you have 2 working setups
- the thruster isn't gonna work. look at the perry or the nansen how an thruster looks

* hull
- nothing really wrong with it, apart from it not exactly matching the underwater hull. per shipbucket standard, the hull is a bit darker coloured then the superstructure though

* structure:
-keep an eye on deck levels. all your parts seem to be at different deck heights. this makes moving through the ships and actually constructing it very hard.
- I have some doubts of the helicopter fitting in the hangar. even if it can fold, don't forget you need some height above the heli for maintenance and repairs.
- the helideck is a tad small, and is restricted by the thing just aft of it
- I suppose you have an diesel engine, because you have no intakes and the funnel is not large enough to support gas turbines
- that cutout for the rhib is gonna be very hard to effectively use. it itakes space which you will very much need.

* weapons:
- nothing much to say about them, as they are mostly not real world systems. the basic setup seems to work, I am only a bit worried about the 2 small missiles at the stern, they seem to be doing the same job
- I advice using real world weapons at your first ships, so you learn what is possible and so we can comment.

* radars and systems:
- your large search radar cannot be fitted like that: it is the SMILE/SEAMASTER 500, an fixed array system, that belongs to the I-mast you can find on the dutch parts sheet. it is impossible to mount it like you have done now.
- the hk 253 has to be the highest point of your ship
- the TDS is an manned system, it is never placed on an positition like where you put it.
- you have fitted 3 different ECM systems which are each others predecessors. also, you blocked them all out. try to find systems you use on ships, and see how those are placed.
- the systems you used are of different era's. you have an 2003, 1980 and an 1976 ECM system, an 1995 ECM mast, an 1976 navigation radar, an 2011 search radar and satcoms.... decide what era you want to have first!
- what are those god ugly director things? they are not very well placed, well the aft one is good enough, the forward one is in front of the missiles it has to guide, never a good thing.

well, those were the most glaring errors. all quite easy to avoid, even if only by using parts from the sheets or from looking at real life ships.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Republic of Patagonia.Posted: June 17th, 2012, 3:33 pm
This is an old part sheet, but it is nice to start with it:

Her you finde:
- the correct torpedo tubes.
- doors.
- life rafts. (just above depth bombs, under torpedo tubes and anchores)
-

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
travestytrav25
Post subject: Re: Republic of Patagonia.Posted: June 17th, 2012, 3:50 pm
Just out of curiosity what kind of propulsion system is that? Looks weird and I have no idea how it would work.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Republic of Patagonia.Posted: June 17th, 2012, 5:15 pm
Oh you can also do something about those windows. It's not a gallery, it's a bridge!

[Profile] [Quote]
Vodianoi
Post subject: Re: Republic of Patagonia.Posted: June 17th, 2012, 5:19 pm
Well. I make the hangar a little bit taller.
Good bye Pa.Me. 4.07 (short range anti-ship missiles) to make place for a bigger helideck.
I try to fix the electronics, but maybe i´m still making mistakes.
The underwater hull and sonar was replaced. Hope this fits better.
Good bye RHIB.
Fix bridge windows.
I try to make less level jumps, but i think this is the better i can do. Looks like it will be just one Kokeske class FFG. The engineers of the shipyard must think more in the next class.
Change place of the front director system. In the new place i put another CIWS w/short range missiles (Pa.Me 5.04)
Plus another little fixs.
Here is she.

[ img ]

Acelanceloet. Even that all people are helping me a lot, and i appreciate the effort, its seems like you take more than a minute to mark my ship, and for that the Congress decide giving you the Help Medal of Patagonia. Thank you.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: Republic of Patagonia.Posted: June 17th, 2012, 6:17 pm
Nice improvement
how does the SSM? or that missile in the middle that I am assuming is a SSM lauch

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
Vodianoi
Post subject: Re: Republic of Patagonia.Posted: June 17th, 2012, 8:43 pm
VLS

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: Republic of Patagonia.Posted: June 17th, 2012, 9:02 pm
THat is what I was assuming thanks

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 6  [ 52 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Jump to: