Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 5  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
CanisD
Post subject: Re: M.S Imperia. (My first Shipbucket-styled drawing.)Posted: June 17th, 2012, 8:31 am
The Disney ships don't have them.

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: M.S Imperia. (My first Shipbucket-styled drawing.)Posted: June 17th, 2012, 8:48 am
CanisD wrote:
Really? I got seen a plan of them last week with Azi Pods :o

Well but still 9/10 Liners have Azi pods now :lol:

[Quote]
alotef
Post subject: Re: M.S Imperia. (My first Shipbucket-styled drawing.)Posted: June 17th, 2012, 9:05 am
Even though they're prone to failure? Weird.

[Profile] [Quote]
alotef
Post subject: Re: Imperia-class liners by alotef.Posted: June 17th, 2012, 12:11 pm
Here is her proposed azipod installation:
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: M.S Imperia. (My first Shipbucket-styled drawing.)Posted: June 17th, 2012, 12:26 pm
alotef wrote:
Even though they're prone to failure? Weird.
I realise azipods has recieved a lot of bad press in the (intensely conservative) maritime media, but fact is they aren't anywhere near as unreliable as you're making them out to be. If they were they would never be allowed on passenger ships or in the shore sector.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Zephyr
Post subject: Re: M.S Imperia. (My first Shipbucket-styled drawing.)Posted: June 17th, 2012, 1:14 pm
ALVAMA wrote:
Zephyr wrote:
I'm not that familiar with modern commercial liner propulsion systems, but ... why azipods?
Find a modern cruiseliner whitout them!!!!
Like I said, I'm not that familiar with modern cruiseliners. I was asking a question.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: M.S Imperia. (My first Shipbucket-styled drawing.)Posted: June 17th, 2012, 2:30 pm
Zephyr wrote:
ALVAMA wrote:
Zephyr wrote:
I'm not that familiar with modern commercial liner propulsion systems, but ... why azipods?
Find a modern cruiseliner whitout them!!!!
Like I said, I'm not that familiar with modern cruiseliners. I was asking a question.
Why do we have bowpropelers, wh do we have ... It's because everyone want a better system, a system that increas everything. azipods increas control properties at lower speed withaut losing to mutch at max speed.

[Profile] [Quote]
Zephyr
Post subject: Re: Imperia-class liners by alotef.Posted: June 17th, 2012, 7:18 pm
Ah. ok then. Didn't know that.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: M.S Imperia. (My first Shipbucket-styled drawing.)Posted: June 17th, 2012, 10:55 pm
Welcome aboard Mike, and I do say, you know how to ingratiate yourself with me - the liners are a soft spot of mine (even if I do prefer the designs of the 50s and 60s to the 30s). I look forward to seeing more. :)
Zephyr wrote:
I'm not that familiar with modern commercial liner propulsion systems, but ... why azipods? Why not standard props and rudder? From my uninformed laymans viewpoint that would seem just as efficient and much less costly, and commercial vessels do need to be concerned with cost I would imagine.
alotef wrote:
I'm still tossing up different propulsion methods, and that's why I only included the waterline image above. Azipods have become renown for their unreliability (even on ships like QM2), however since Imperia is quite long (365 meters) , I believed a more dynamic form of control offering 360 degrees of movement to be necessary, and Azipods seem to give that degree of 360 control.
Regards,
Mike.
What he said. Azipods and bow thrusters also mean that a ship doesn't need tugs to manuver into port, which reduces costs. This is more important with cruise ships that more often than liners visit smaller, unimproved ports, but it still helps. If you do decide to not use them, then the twin screw with bow and stern thrusters is probably the next best thing (I know you know this Mike, just saying it for others).
ALVAMA wrote:
CanisD wrote:
Really? I got seen a plan of them last week with Azi Pods :o

Well but still 9/10 Liners have Azi pods now :lol:
Well, if I wanted to be pedantic it's 1/1, as there has only been one new ocean liner in the past four decades.

[Profile] [Quote]
Clonecommander6454
Post subject: Re: Imperia-class liners by alotef.Posted: June 17th, 2012, 11:24 pm
Looking very great! But Shipbucket standard windows are blue, not grey.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 5  [ 45 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: