Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 5  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
KHT
Post subject: Re: Britannian first generation DreadnoughtsPosted: August 1st, 2012, 12:48 pm
I can't see any differance. It might be the file not having updated, if it shares the filename with the earlier version. I don't know how Dropbox works though, so I might be wrong.

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Britannian first generation DreadnoughtsPosted: August 1st, 2012, 12:54 pm
Try refreshing the page.

[Profile] [Quote]
Raxar
Post subject: Re: Britannian first generation DreadnoughtsPosted: August 1st, 2012, 1:10 pm
I can't see any difference either.

"If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done." ~Ludwig Wittgenstein

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Britannian first generation DreadnoughtsPosted: August 1st, 2012, 3:58 pm
My browser is set to automatically clear its cache every time I open it (specifically for viewing this forum here) and I can't see a difference either.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Britannian first generation DreadnoughtsPosted: August 1st, 2012, 4:03 pm
I think ... maybe ... he add some doors ?

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Britannian first generation DreadnoughtsPosted: August 1st, 2012, 4:10 pm
Rhade wrote:
I think ... maybe ... he add some doors ?
Think so, The dreadnaought class in standard colors has three of them in the forward superstructure, the one in britannian colors not.

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: Britannian first generation DreadnoughtsPosted: August 1st, 2012, 4:48 pm
I think the point was that we(at least me) expected him to lower the belt and freeboard... I can see where this is going.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Britannian first generation DreadnoughtsPosted: August 2nd, 2012, 2:44 am
APDAF: I know we've been through this before - over and over again, yet you seem to have learned nothing from the huge amount of good and sensible advice given to you. Look over your so-called ships. See if they can stand up to be compared with any IRL battleship designs submitted here, when it comes to such fundamentals as mast configuration, funnel design/height, general appearance, seaworthiness, habitability etc.
I guess you're evolving slowly, but, ack, so frustratingly slowly! SB will be here tomorrow, even in month's time, even a year from now. Why don't you try to seriously hone your skills in private, or even by messages to certain members of the community who would be willing to function as think tanks? I think that may be the only way for you to grasp what the other, very informed members, are trying to tell you. As it is, you get only negative, even demeaning and often ridiculing responses, since your creations are really abominable.
It took me a time to get my skills up, but I had the luxury of not growing up in the age of computers and internet and social networking, so I could perfect, or at least practice my skills in peace, only disturbed by my parents. I did, howver, read a copious amount of naval literature, and I've collected a respectable library all through the years. That's how I came to understand the intricacies of naval engineering, a process I know most members here either have went through or are going through. But you, my dear APDAF, do you even read any naval literature; not just fancy tales of battles and heroics, but, more importantly the relevant technical literature? I am asking since you seem neither to understand what other members are advicing you to do, nor seem to grasp the concepts involved in a good basic naval design.
That it can be done several members here can attest, from their first meagre drawings in the Beginners Forum to full-grown master pieces, that can serve as art in themselves. I've supported the promotion of a couple of them, and I can assure you, that were you to attain that skill level, then I shall be the first to recommend you for promotion too. But to that stage it is still a long way. But if you start to read the posts more carefully and begin considering what the advice is, then you can reach there!

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: Britannian first generation DreadnoughtsPosted: August 2nd, 2012, 5:23 am
Bezo that is simply outstanding advice
Coming from a true ship bucket master too :shock:
APDAF I'm a newb in drawing as well and I honestly see at least in my opinion that u have improved
U have taken steps of improvement
Just keep on taking them and don't stop and the sky's the limit
Even if u disagree with people advice seriously consider and try it
I honestly would love to see u try a real design just to hone your skills
Or maybe one of the beginner base drawing eswube made like I am
They may not fit your interests but they may help
Considering your designs it seems like dreadnaughts pre dreds
And battle cruisers are your favorites so why not try one and include it for your au
If this is bad advice other members say so as I don't have much of a right as someone with one posted kit bash to try to supply advice but i hope it's at least a bit helpful

References and feedback is always welcome!

Last edited by Trojan on August 2nd, 2012, 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Britannian first generation DreadnoughtsPosted: August 2nd, 2012, 5:31 am
No Trojan, it's a good follow-up advice. I cannot see anything wrong in that. Thank you for your first compliment, but the second was sheer flattery, I'm afraid, since I'm something of a hack, at least in my own eyes. 8-)

And APDAF, Trojan's words should serve as an encouragement, if mine aren't. The sky's the limit, if you only can seize the opportunity! There are quite a few in this community who really like to see you succeed!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 5  [ 43 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: