Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 4  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »
Dilandu
Post subject: Re: Ottoman battleship Abdul KadirPosted: September 20th, 2012, 10:05 am
Hmm... According to my information, technically, "Abdul Kair" was supposed to be more close to deutchland shipbuildung traditions - "Brandenburg", to be correct.

But nice work!

[Profile] [Quote]
waritem
Post subject: Re: Ottoman battleship Abdul KadirPosted: September 20th, 2012, 10:47 am
According to my informations it was only supposed to have the same main gun as the Brandenburg class.
But if you have some others informations j'm interrested in!

JE SUIS CHARLIE

[Profile] [Quote]
waritem
Post subject: Re: Ottoman battleship Abdul KadirPosted: September 20th, 2012, 11:09 am
in fact i've concidered using the same turrets as the brandenburg.
And i think i will use the Braunschweig main turrets (at least) for the finished version, to show increasing german influence. I will also use Braunschweig secondery turrets if i do an improved half-sister-ship version.

JE SUIS CHARLIE

Last edited by waritem on September 21st, 2012, 2:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Ottoman battleship Abdul KadirPosted: September 20th, 2012, 11:34 am
Like it overall!

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Ottoman battleship Abdul KadirPosted: September 20th, 2012, 2:08 pm
why is it in beginner forum?

[Profile] [Quote]
waritem
Post subject: Re: Ottoman battleship Abdul KadirPosted: September 20th, 2012, 2:18 pm
As j've posted just a few drawings, i think i can concider my self a "beginner".

Nevertheless thank's for asking, it looks like a compliment............. :D

JE SUIS CHARLIE

[Profile] [Quote]
waritem
Post subject: Re: Ottoman battleship Abdul KadirPosted: September 21st, 2012, 7:06 am
i was thinking about adding an "Admiral's Galley" to give it a more "old fashioned" style.
What do you think?

JE SUIS CHARLIE

[Profile] [Quote]
waritem
Post subject: Re: Ottoman battleship Abdul KadirPosted: September 21st, 2012, 8:59 am
Well let's have a try with this "Admiral's Galley"!
[ img ]

Then let us slide to full AU!

Here is the ship as it was commissioned in 1906.
[ img ]
I didn't retained the (supposed) real turkish 1904 project. Instead i maintained a 4X280mm main battery using the german Braunschweig class main turrets (big up to ReiAyanami) and increased the secondary 150mm battery only to 8 guns. This increase, as it was not compensed by a decrease of the main gun caliber, involved the suppression of the third 76mm battery and the reduction of the fourth 57mm battery. As the main turrets were wider the front and rear structures were closely spaced to the funnels. And the "Admiral's Galley" was removed.

Then here is the improved Adul Kadir class battleship Abdülmecid I as it was commissioned in 1908.
[ img ]
The Ship was laid down in 1904 at the Constantinople dockyard and intended to be a full sister ship of the Abdul Kadir. As work go on on his older brother his design was improved with a new 170mm secondary battery of 6 gun in turrets and 4 in casemates. To improve the fire arc of the main battery the structure were even more centered with the suppression of the rear mast and a new forecastle in a german style (big up to ReiAyanami once again) joined with the front funnel.

After commissioned in 1908 it proved much more efficient than the original design and plans were made to upgrade the Abdul Kadir to this standard. Nevertheless nothing was done until the first turkish build pre-dreadnaught was sunk by the British submarine HMS E11 on 8 August 1915 (instead of Barbaros Hayreddin).

JE SUIS CHARLIE

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Ottoman battleship Abdul KadirPosted: September 21st, 2012, 12:50 pm
It's an impressive start. The AU version looks pretty good too.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
waritem
Post subject: Re: Ottoman battleship Abdul KadirPosted: September 30th, 2012, 3:42 pm
So to end this post, here's the complete evolution of turkish made battleships. (with a little bonus.........................)

[ img ]

JE SUIS CHARLIE

Last edited by waritem on November 6th, 2012, 4:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 4  [ 32 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: