Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 4  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »
Trojan
Post subject: Re: HTMS PattaniPosted: November 30th, 2013, 12:44 am
[ img ]
Pretty much done. I still can't get the heli right but hopefully i'll perfect it one day. The box behind the funnel has more detail but I have been unable to really identify it in it any picture as a drawable piece, past a small crane but until I find a definite source I'm gonna leave it blank.

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: HTMS PattaniPosted: November 30th, 2013, 1:10 am
Judging by the pictures on this site there's quite a few details to go. You're making good progress though

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: HTMS PattaniPosted: November 30th, 2013, 9:29 am
- I would like to see some detail to the FCS (and maybe the name of it, making it parts sheet worthy)
- what is the problem with the heli? we have an good one as part, IIRC you should only fix it to the thai version?
- are you sure the lifeboat looks like that?
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-3iW645GgRGc/U ... +groot.gif
this pic, on the link by thiel, shows quite an good look on that area you left blank ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: HTMS PattaniPosted: November 30th, 2013, 9:32 am
Nice work so far, though I'd work on the bridge windows (their arrangement seems to look quite different on the photo supplied by superboy), and the "shade outline" around the most elements of superstructure looks bit strange to me (somewhat Psilander-ish in style, for the lack of better word).

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: HTMS PattaniPosted: December 1st, 2013, 1:10 am
Ok I agree there are more details to add, but there are few high resolution pictures so some are a bit obscure, and the line drawing is very bare.
For that blank area, I see I can add railing, vents, and a door, but, and maybe i'm just lazy, I really don't know what that black rod on it is and I have no idea how to draw it past literally drawing a black line surrounded with grey. Anything else very obvious that I am missing? Maybe some flags?

Ace the Lynx you are referring to I assume is the Dutch Navy type one, that one is an earlier version of the Lynx than the one the Thai navy uses (they use the Super Lynx), so I can not use it. The only Super Lynx is the one I'm using as far as I know, excluding the British versions which are of a different type and that widely frowned upon version that one member made that is a different size.

The FCS could for sure use more detail.

Eswube your right I'll try to improve the windows and shading as well.

Thank you all for the comments and advice, it is much appreciated.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: HTMS PattaniPosted: December 1st, 2013, 10:12 am
the super lynx has the same shape as the original lynx. there are changes and additions, like the engines, large tail rotor, and some versions have radars fitted, but the shape of the hull is still the same as the original on all versions previous to the all new wildcat, as far as I can see. I think it would be much easier for you to take the standard one and modify it to the thai super lynx then to redraw it completely with all the problems you are running into now ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: HTMS PattaniPosted: December 1st, 2013, 9:07 pm
I was just using the old superlynx found on the partsheet but thats fair enough, maybe I can combine the parts to create an updated super lynx

[Profile] [Quote]
ZoeB
Post subject: Re: HTMS PattaniPosted: April 3rd, 2014, 10:31 am
acelanceloet wrote:
- I would like to see some detail to the FCS (and maybe the name of it, making it parts sheet worthy)
Oerlikon-Contraves TMX/EO, part of the STN-Atlas COSYS combat system.

For my sins, I was one of the chief architects of the COSYS family, and spent many an hour at RTN Supreme HQ, Bangkok.

[ img ]

See http://books.google.com.au/books?id=4S3 ... &q&f=false

Norman Friedman picked my brain about it at the last RNEE at Whale Island many moons ago.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: HTMS PattaniPosted: April 3rd, 2014, 3:55 pm
hi ZoeB, interesting. it does however look not much like what trojan placed on his ship, could we maybe see an better sb representation from your hand?

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: HTMS PattaniPosted: April 4th, 2014, 5:01 am
I'd definitely replace mine, which looks to be off from my line drawing, with a new one.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 4  [ 32 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: