Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
Novice
Post subject: Re: Back after a long time...Posted: November 17th, 2010, 8:28 am
Chris Roach wrote:
Okay, got a little time, so I'll reply:

Just to clarify the hanger dimensions... are you specifying length-height width or length-width-height?
Length width height. Also bear in mind that the use of 5"/38 guns on Brooke and Garcia class was also as result of economy. The Gaarcia/Brooke were 414ft long as opposed to the Knox class which were 438ft long. The extra length gave the Knox the Mk.42 gun (only one but more than enough - the Mk.42 was superior to the 5"/38 in term of fire-rate).

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Back after a long time...Posted: November 28th, 2010, 11:24 am
A very interesting design. Even with those questions over the gun and Wessex its certainly a potent ship for ASW. I like the use of Sea Mauler (I think this is the first ship I've ever seen on SB where an artist has used my Sea Mauler missile,launcher and radars!) but of course stating true to reality the Sea Cat is used instead. A good AU ship with thought behind it.

How easy would it be to install Sea Sparrow forward? I assume the Sea Mauler magazine space was left empty when the ships completed?

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Back after a long time...Posted: November 28th, 2010, 4:24 pm
Just one Aber: did anyone but me notice that, if this ship is perceived to be Australian, why is it flying the White Ensign? I'm firmly convinced that the Brits would not deign themselves to "lower" their ship acquisitions to simple foreign designs... :D ;) :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Back after a long time...Posted: November 28th, 2010, 9:21 pm
bezobrazov wrote:
Just one Aber: did anyone but me notice that, if this ship is perceived to be Australian, why is it flying the White Ensign? I'm firmly convinced that the Brits would not deign themselves to "lower" their ship acquisitions to simple foreign designs... :D ;) :lol:
You certainly have a point. Aussie ships will carry their own variation of the White Ensign.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Back after a long time...Posted: November 28th, 2010, 10:38 pm
Yup, exactly my very humble point. And, since there seem to be a few good choices available, why cross the river to get water from the pond??? 8-) :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Sheriff
Post subject: Re: Back after a long time...Posted: November 29th, 2010, 9:30 am
The British White Ensign is valid for Australian ships until 1967. So your "As designed" pic has the right ensign.

[Profile] [Quote]
Sheriff
Post subject: Re: Back after a long time...Posted: November 29th, 2010, 9:32 am
Australian White Ensigns

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Back after a long time...Posted: December 15th, 2010, 1:52 am
Cute little boat. Only one real question - if you've already got a MW20-series 'egg', why are you shipping a manned gun fire control system?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: