Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 8 of 41  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page « 16 7 8 9 1041 »
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: January 16th, 2014, 8:32 pm
Yes, that's the "base drawing" that demonstrates as much naval knowledge as a sixth grader who's only seen Star Wars.

[Profile] [Quote]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: January 16th, 2014, 11:21 pm
Hi Klagldsf,

To be fair, from what I understand, the person who drew it did it purely as a thought exercise - from what little comment I've seen of it even (or especially) the originator has/had no illusions as to how practical the ship would be, which may account for the amount of effort that went into the drawing.

And, just in case anybody think I'm weasel-wording, no, it wasn't me, no way do I have the ability to do something like that.

Ad

[Profile] [Quote]
LordBladaime
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: January 17th, 2014, 8:09 pm
if I add a bilge keel would the ship be stable then?

[Profile] [Quote]
LordBladaime
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: January 17th, 2014, 10:07 pm
this is it 96% done

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: January 17th, 2014, 10:19 pm
You really should credit the drawing that you enlarged to get this.

[Profile] [Quote]
Raxar
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: January 17th, 2014, 11:07 pm
I think you're a bit farther away than 4%. For starters, the stern is a mess of jpeging and re-sized parts. There's also alot of pixel-trash floating around outside of the drawing (aswell as some within the ship).

"If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done." ~Ludwig Wittgenstein

[Profile] [Quote]
LordBladaime
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: January 19th, 2014, 7:45 pm
I give credit to Leo victor on deviantART.com he is the artist that came up with the base design for this ship. I did not take this design for myself I just transformed it into a shipbucket style battleship, which I am almost done with. I started this project 4 weeks ago. I will put the finished drawing up here when the 29th of this month gets here, That my friends is my birthday... I will be 21 years old.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: January 19th, 2014, 9:08 pm
I suppose that this credit for the initial drawing could mean mentioning it's author on the template itself.
Still, lots of "clean-up" needs to be done, not mentioning work on detailing, shading etc.
Althought it's still some time to 29th, I would like to wish You in advance a Happy Birthday. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: January 21st, 2014, 7:51 am
eswube wrote:
Although it's still some time to 29th, I would like to wish You in advance a Happy Birthday. :)
I'd like to do the same...Happy Birthday!

And please let us know when the ship starts construction in real life...I for one would love to be at the various ceremonies (keel-laying, launch, commissioning), and possibly go for a ride on her trials.

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
LordBladaime
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: January 21st, 2014, 5:00 pm
Thank you and you are invited come to the keel-laying, launch, commissioning and her sea trials. I promise you that there will be no disappointments because this ship will live in history forever Believe it!!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 8 of 41  [ 402 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 16 7 8 9 1041 »

Jump to: