Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 31 of 41  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page « 129 30 31 32 3341 »
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: April 3rd, 2014, 9:09 pm
Fair enough, I support this ^^

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: April 4th, 2014, 7:56 am
I completely agree with erik_t - in fact, this may be a better way for LordBladaime to get started, because then he can compare to something that matches the standard - not wholesale copying, because then, what's the point? - but something where you can see "ALVAMA showed this like this," etc, etc.

On that note, might a first start be one of the destroyers that's already been drawn - you mentioned Z39, I think? - so you can get something that you can really get into and get some progress on?

Ad

[Profile] [Quote]
maomatic
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: April 5th, 2014, 11:30 am
If you are really interested in drawing Bismarck, maybe I can be of help.
Oddly enough, it seems like she has never been drawn into SB-Standard...

I have started to draw her some time ago and finished her hull.
So if you are interested, I could send you a copy via pm...
It might help you to get a Start and could be a good Training to work on the superstructure.

I'd like to finish her myself too, though...

Cheers! :-)

[Profile] [Quote]
LordBladaime
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: April 8th, 2014, 3:39 pm
please do. That could help me out a whole lot

[Profile] [Quote]
maomatic
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: April 9th, 2014, 9:23 pm
Hi,

I`m not trying to be a spoilsport, but I have since finished my drawing of "Bismarck".
(see: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5102&start=0 )

After further reading of this thread, I must say that I agree with what the others have already told you:
You should better start with a smaller ship rather than a complex battleship.

Starting with something smaller helps you to get a "feel" for the SB-style and you will be able to accomplish something faster.

Cheers!

[Profile] [Quote]
LordBladaime
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: April 22nd, 2014, 9:12 pm
new ship idea here is the hull built from scratch
[ img ]

trying to think of what I am going to do with it its a W.I.P name is KMS Armageddon Rose

[Profile] [Quote]
LordBladaime
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: April 24th, 2014, 9:16 pm
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: April 25th, 2014, 2:28 am
You might as well go full tilt, so why not?

[Profile] [Quote]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: April 25th, 2014, 8:30 am
Hi LordBladaime,

I'd point out that with 15 twin-arm launchers per side, you'll probably require 60 illuminators if you're to make full use of them - assuming it's intended to engage different targets (this is a counter to the "wave of bombers" thing that's been discussed as the likely end for this sort of ship?) and a single illuminator required per missile (some systems require one set for the missile, one for the target, iirc, but I'm going to assume that you're not doing that here...) - I'd start trying to put those in now, I suspect you'll find that fitting that number in will affect a lot of the rest of the design, so best to get them in early.

Regards,
Adam

Edit:
Oh, and I'd repeat the advice given about shelving this - temporarily, no-one's asking you to stop - and just concentrating on one, real, little ship that's already been done so you can get a feel for how the SB standard works. I think I'd have found thing easier if I'd done this.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: April 25th, 2014, 9:18 am
where do people keep finding the old parts? :O

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 31 of 41  [ 402 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 129 30 31 32 3341 »

Jump to: