Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 39 of 41  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page « 137 38 39 40 41 »
Tempest
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: February 2nd, 2015, 9:08 pm
How old are you?

German Capital Ship Projects of The First World War

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: February 3rd, 2015, 7:43 am
I've promised myself that I would stop continuing this madness, but I'm too deep in it already.

Why do you need this? Why does it have to have firing turrets? Because it's cool?
When you first started this thread, you claimed that you wanted to get respect or something like that. Okay, no problem. We all have motives behind our drawing. Here's the thing. I honestly don't think you'll get it if you show up with a battleship made in minecraft that can shoot some little sparklers and looks like it's 'cool.'
Show up with a well thought out line drawing with a side view of the ship in question (hell, even a top view if you so desire), with a well rounded SS report and a semi-plausible design, and you'll immediately stand out from the crowd. You want a navy right? You're gonna have a big ol' Battleship that can take down anything that comes in it's way, but you're gonna need mroe than just that. You need a curtain of ships to protect your big investment, right? You gonna 'build' that in minecraft? I don't think so. You can do it in Paint though. If I spent more time drawing, then last year I could have had my entire WWI navy drawn up (but I didn't :lol: ).

You said it yourself: "Using minecraft is hard."
Line drawing is easy, but you need to slow down and take your time to figure it out. I already gave you a challenge. You can do it in 4 weeks and come up with a respectable drawing if you apply yourself and push toward the goal. Minecraft will get you nowhere and I'm sorry to say that, but it's true. PaintXP/Paint.NET is your friend. Learn from them.

I don't know why I'm trying so hard, but I think what it is is that I don't want anybody to take this path of foolishness I'm seeing so clearly right here. Make some crappy drawings, okay. Whatever. Using another so called 'program' to attempt basic naval engineering with a bunch of little cubes is just injudicious.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
LordBladaime
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: February 3rd, 2015, 4:59 pm
I am 22 now. My birthday was last month on January 29. Ok I see your point. I need to do one project at a time. I am going to finish what I started and that is the KM Fuhrer. basically im starting to think doing more than one project at a time is childish so im manning up and doing the original project I put up here and that's the only project I will be posting up here. The Km Fuhrer only.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: February 3rd, 2015, 6:23 pm
actually, more then one project at once is not childish, but the kinds of projects you pick to do is what identify the ones 'grown up'

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: February 3rd, 2015, 7:00 pm
Nobody's mental or physical maturity is judged by what sort of drawings he/she chooses to do or post. I would instruct everybody restraining comments like "how old you are?" and other ad homine content from their posts on this forum.

Play it nicely.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: February 3rd, 2015, 11:15 pm
You don't need to do one project at a time (I have 20 on my waiting list), but you've been promising a drawing for the past year (almost) and we haven't seen anything that we can really critique on, regarding the style and we're not able to give any useful info. It's all just been a smorgasbord of mash-ups, ill drawn half ass monstrosities, and a lot of talk.
We just want to see a drawing that has been drawn with a lot of thought and decision making behind it, not to mention drawn properly.

Now, to the ship itself: I do think that the whole concept is daft, but let's stop thinking about "oh the size is too big and it will never work." Let's pull down that uber-super-realism screen for a couple minutes and think "If this could work, what would be the best way to optimize it," and let's just have fun with it!
There have been some other ships, by Lazer_one and Erik_T that are monstrous and these are rarely asked this question. Why? Because there's thought put into them that makes them worth looking at.

So, LordBlaidame, put some thought into it, think about what it needs and what it can live without and then make it as realistic as possible, if it were possible.

Everyone else, give these super-ships a chance. They may be completely stupid and never work in real life, but don't let that stop you from enjoying it and giving some useful criticism. Who knows, maybe he could draw a real life ship in time, but for now, let him do as he pleases and don't bash him for it. Be supportive. He'll go a lot further.

-EZ

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: February 4th, 2015, 8:32 am
A more relevant question would be why are you sharing a minecraft ship on this forum of all places? I'm sure there are more appropriate venues out there for this sort of thing. Plus you'd be able to get actual useful advice on how to do it.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
LordBladaime
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: February 12th, 2015, 6:10 pm
[url=http://postimage.org/image/tumktl5 ... .png[/img][/url]

This took 5 hours to do.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: February 12th, 2015, 6:28 pm
Okay? Again I urge you to find a Minecraft related forum

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
LordBladaime
Post subject: Re: battleships for my 4th reich AKA New World United CommunPosted: March 13th, 2015, 5:20 pm
I'm back here is a fuhrer class battleship I drew first then scanned and edited it with windows paint tell me what you think of it

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 39 of 41  [ 402 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 137 38 39 40 41 »

Jump to: