Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: FF-310 Fridtjof Nansen Wartime equipmentPosted: December 17th, 2010, 8:41 am
did the designer design exactly THAT gun on THAT place? I highly doubt it. if so, can you show any prove of it? maybe the gun is placed to the side, then it might be possible. (maybe it can carry the gun indeed..... but then without the hangar.) all other points do also still count.
also: on your next version of this ship you should credit the original drawer of the ship, as you haven't drawn everything yourself.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: FF-310 Fridtjof Nansen Wartime equipmentPosted: December 17th, 2010, 1:38 pm
my bad..... spoilt just told me that the gun is possible more or less on that position. sorry. I would put it a bit higher tough, and a bit backwards, as there is an large open deck over there, what is most likely the space for it. my other points still count though.
there was also some intel that an CIWS could be placed somewhere. do you know anything about it?

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: FF-310 Fridtjof Nansen Wartime equipmentPosted: December 17th, 2010, 4:22 pm
yea! I have just a little wacky/crazy humor from time to time!

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: FF-310 Fridtjof Nansen Wartime equipmentPosted: December 18th, 2010, 5:18 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
my bad..... spoilt just told me that the gun is possible more or less on that position. sorry. I would put it a bit higher tough, and a bit backwards, as there is an large open deck over there, what is most likely the space for it. my other points still count though.
there was also some intel that an CIWS could be placed somewhere. do you know anything about it?
ll see what I can find out about the CIWS Over the next few days.

[Profile] [Quote]
Eeo
Post subject: Re: FF-310 Fridtjof Nansen Wartime equipmentPosted: December 23rd, 2010, 10:05 pm
The 76MM on top of the hangar was contemplated during the design process, but was rejected when it came to the final cut. As a result, there isn't room for the deck penetration that a 76MM would require in the hangar. It simply isn't designed for it (anymore). Furthermore, according to concept art, the NANSEN-class would get a US Mark-45 5" gun, not a OTO 5".

As for CIWS, the plans were something in the 30-40MM vicinity, and the current plans for CIWS is for missile-based CIWS. That said, the entire reason for ESSM to be on the NANSEN-class (which is optimised as an ASW frigate) is for self-defence against aircraft / missiles.

Last edited by Eeo on December 23rd, 2010, 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: FF-310 Fridtjof Nansen Wartime equipmentPosted: December 23rd, 2010, 10:07 pm
in fact, that is wrong. most likely it is build 'fitted for but not build with'. and concept art is not as reliable as hard facts and data: it was really the oto 127 that can be placed over there.

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: FF-310 Fridtjof Nansen Wartime equipmentPosted: December 23rd, 2010, 11:28 pm
heuhen wrote:
My first one!
Attachment:
FF-310 Fridtjof Nansen Wartime (heuhen).png
FF-310 Fridtjof Nansen with Wartime equipment:
First off, thank you for pointing out that the original needs an upgrade.

Second, why did you remove the original artist's name? If you modify an existing drawing, you place your name AFTER that of the original artist! This rule is NOT up for debate. Rectify that the next time you post this ship, or it might be your last post.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: