Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 3  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 »
VictorCharlie
Post subject: Ships of the Greater French RepublicPosted: March 31st, 2014, 1:52 am
[ img ]

It feels, more or less, like a generic guided missile cruiser. I understand a few systems are missing, but couldn't they be incorporated into the giant ASEA-radar thing?

[ img ]

A light carrier, right now its loaded with Super Entendards and ASW helicopters until I can find other aircraft or make them myself.

Again, its a major WIP since I know squat about naval design beyond some stealth techniques.

Last edited by VictorCharlie on March 31st, 2014, 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Charwhick
Post subject: Re: Ships of the Greater French RepublicPosted: March 31st, 2014, 4:50 am
Haze grey is the usual colour of choice because it blends fairly well. I was by the sea today and much to my surprise, a Halifax class frigate sailed by. The difficulty of making out any particular detail on the ship impressed upon me why they use that colour. Which brings me to my point; why. Why in god's name did you choose that blue.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Ships of the Greater French RepublicPosted: March 31st, 2014, 5:06 am
The trend has always been towards smaller islands for a variety of reasons. If you're going to insist on that setup you can justify two separate islands.

[Profile] [Quote]
VictorCharlie
Post subject: Re: Ships of the Greater French RepublicPosted: March 31st, 2014, 6:53 am
Charwhick wrote:
Haze grey is the usual colour of choice because it blends fairly well. I was by the sea today and much to my surprise, a Halifax class frigate sailed by. The difficulty of making out any particular detail on the ship impressed upon me why they use that colour. Which brings me to my point; why. Why in god's name did you choose that blue.
I was trying to do just that.

Its nothing 10-15 minutes can't fix though.
Quote:
The trend has always been towards smaller islands for a variety of reasons. If you're going to insist on that setup you can justify two separate islands.
I was copying the Hyuga class mostly, but I might have made them a bit bigger.

What do you mean my set-up though?

[Profile] [Quote]
VictorCharlie
Post subject: Re: Ships of the Greater French RepublicPosted: March 31st, 2014, 7:04 pm
updated with color changes.

[Profile] [Quote]
VictorCharlie
Post subject: Re: Ships of the Greater French RepublicPosted: April 3rd, 2014, 1:57 am
[ img ]

modified allot of stuff.

Planning for it to carry 14 fixed wing aircraft and 14-6 rotor wing.

[Profile] [Quote]
Charwhick
Post subject: Re: Ships of the Greater French RepublicPosted: April 3rd, 2014, 5:35 am
If you intend to have two 76mm guns astride the front of the bridge, you're probably going to have a rather wide beam. I can't really comment on the sensor fit since I'm unsure of the capabilities of your AESA radar, but do you not need directors? Where are the lifeboats stored?

[Profile] [Quote]
VictorCharlie
Post subject: Re: Ships of the Greater French RepublicPosted: April 3rd, 2014, 6:37 am
That raises a good question really,

Where do modern lifeboats get stored? Never really figured that little important bit out.

Also, I'll start work on fixing the gun layout and I'll add gun directors and stuff.

I honestly know nothing about ship sensor placement. I see a bunch of cool looking domes on other ships and slap them on this thing. Really thats what I'd doing.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Ships of the Greater French RepublicPosted: April 3rd, 2014, 7:52 am
Usually they come in these (usually white)plastic/polycarbonate canisters which burst open about 20-50m under water and come up to the surface as inflatable life-rafts, there are stored in small clusters around the ship generally a fair distance fro the waterline but close to the edge of the ship.

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
VictorCharlie
Post subject: Re: Ships of the Greater French RepublicPosted: April 4th, 2014, 12:35 am
[ img ]

[ img ]

Overhauled the carrier, changed systems on the cruiser.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 3  [ 23 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page 1 2 3 »

Jump to: