Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 7 of 7  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page « 13 4 5 6 7
heuhen
Post subject: Re: What If Canada bought the Slava class cruiser Ukrayina..Posted: May 30th, 2014, 6:53 pm
1. To many guns, you only need two 76mm and one 127mm. But dealt you need only two CIWS and one127mm.

2. To many VLS, unless you are designing a sea bottom huging submarine...

3. Tomahawk launcher is cool, but tomahawk is launched from VLS today.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: What If Canada bought the Slava class cruiser Ukrayina..Posted: May 30th, 2014, 6:55 pm
I think that SPY-1 array position has too little space for the systems underneath. also, I think it might be too heavy for this hull in that position. the design overall looks very bow heavy.
try to keep track of the parts, for example guns and sonar are old inaccurate parts.

the air intakes, on that funnel, are the ones of the halifax class. however, that will most likely be insufficient for the powerplant of this vessel. the same goes for the uptakes.

btw, JSB, while I applaud your effort to help other new guys with the knowledge you have, keep in mind that you are not that experienced here either, and I disagree with some of your comments (here and in other places)

[Profile] [Quote]
Bismark195
Post subject: Re: What If Canada bought the Slava class cruiser Ukrayina..Posted: May 31st, 2014, 12:51 am
@acelanceloet

As I said, I have zero knowledge when it comes to radar. If you could re-jig the bridge structure for me and provide an explanation on the workings of radar, that would be terrific!!! :D

The guns and sonar came from the parts sheets, but if you know better drawings, could you please point me in there direction. :) Also, I will redo the funnel and add more intakes.

Thanks!

Bismark195

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: What If Canada bought the Slava class cruiser Ukrayina..Posted: May 31st, 2014, 7:42 am
On the main side there is an partsheet folder, you finds the parts you need there, but never go in to the museum folder.

but even better, there is an entire own topic for parts in this forum.. Just scroll down and have a look.

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: What If Canada bought the Slava class cruiser Ukrayina..Posted: June 2nd, 2014, 12:03 am
acelanceloet
Quote:
keep in mind that you are not that experienced here either, and I disagree with some of your comments (here and in other places)
Well I'm am posting in the beginner section !
and please be a bit less cryptic and tell me what I'm getting wrong :mrgreen: (I'm sure lots but it would be nice to know specifics !).
JSB

[Profile] [Quote]
Bismark195
Post subject: Re: What If Canada bought the Slava class cruiser Ukrayina..Posted: August 31st, 2014, 12:41 am
Hey guys!! Its been a while, but I'm back!

I took some time to re-work the design, so please tell me what you think ans/or what I can do to improve it. :D

Many thanks,

Bismark195

[ img ]

Notes

I haven't decided on what weapons systems yet, so the tower of armament is what I am considering (The big turret is 6" twin based on the Swedish Bofors I am messing around with at the moment).

I am currently working on modifying the bridge structure, so ignore it for now please.

The tomahawk are still launched from the angled box launchers on the forecastle (nine per box)

[Profile] [Quote]
Judah14
Post subject: Re: What If Canada bought the Slava class cruiser Ukrayina..Posted: August 31st, 2014, 1:20 am
There is a newer Oto Melara 127/64 LW drawn:
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Jacky Tar
Post subject: Re: What If Canada bought the Slava class cruiser Ukrayina..Posted: February 16th, 2015, 6:06 am
I'll just note - since this is a work in progress - that the Royal Canadian Navy no longer flies the national flag at the stern. Alongside, the national flag is flown as the naval jack at the jackstaff, and the naval ensign is flown at the ensign staff. At sea, the naval ensign is flown from the masthead. Source: http://www.navy-marine.forces.gc.ca/en/ ... splay.page

In progress: ASL-20 HMCS Cormorant

May try next: HMCS Oriole, STV Goldcrest, Bluenose II

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 7 of 7  [ 68 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 13 4 5 6 7

Jump to: