Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 7  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »
JSB
Post subject: Re: What If Canada bought the Slava class cruiser Ukrayina..Posted: May 12th, 2014, 10:24 pm
I was thinking it could take 2 Kaman SH-2G Super Seasprite (main ASW) and 2 PZL W-3 Sokół (transport) or occasionally a Mil Mi-17,
and will not fit a 2 deck hangar (just to costly).

I'm assuming the US gives most of the second hand kit for free (or close to it)from its decommissioning FFG-7's to help a Nato ally (and spite the USSR, ops Russia :twisted: ).

JSB

[Profile] [Quote]
Bismark195
Post subject: Re: What If Canada bought the Slava class cruiser Ukrayina..Posted: May 13th, 2014, 2:06 am
@ JSB

No problemo on the thread/ship high jacking thing. Your updated design looks great, and very plausible, which is awesome! Keep it up!

[Profile] [Quote]
battleship lover
Post subject: Re: What If Canada bought the Slava class cruiser Ukrayina..Posted: May 13th, 2014, 5:11 am
[ img ]
this is what i finished so far comments please :mrgreen:

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: What If Canada bought the Slava class cruiser Ukrayina..Posted: May 13th, 2014, 5:38 am
Nice use of ww2, 60-70's and modern era weapons!

[Profile] [Quote]
Bismark195
Post subject: Re: What If Canada bought the Slava class cruiser Ukrayina..Posted: May 13th, 2014, 6:11 am
I was just thinking, do you guys think that the main bow missile tubes be modified to launch Polaris missiles?

let me know what you think! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: What If Canada bought the Slava class cruiser Ukrayina..Posted: May 13th, 2014, 6:35 am
Canada doesn't use them and to modify some missiles for an single ship for that will be to exspensive, specially a ship that perhaps will be in service for 10 more year.

[Profile] [Quote]
Shipright
Post subject: Re: What If Canada bought the Slava class cruiser Ukrayina..Posted: May 13th, 2014, 12:50 pm
I'm so confused :(

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: What If Canada bought the Slava class cruiser Ukrayina..Posted: May 13th, 2014, 3:20 pm
well, a few comments for improving the design:
- you have an mix of british, swedish, dutch, US and I think german systems on board.
* the Mk 10 GMLS has deck penetration. look here: http://shipbucket.com/images.php?dir=Pa ... rs%205.png. you also see the service dates on there, and I think this ship is supposed to be 2000's+, right? just the VLS would be enough then.
* the main guns are not an very bad choice, but I would suggest oto melara 127 guns. the compact or the stealth 127/54 seem the best choice to me, with the exact version depending on release year.
* the 57mm guns are an good choice, as they are already on the halifax class.
* the LW-08 radar is very much blocked by the APAR tower. you should try to place it as far away from it as practible so it isn't blocked anymore. also, the LW-08 is no longer manufactured and if you can fit APAR, you can fit the SMART-L too. it can be found on the dutch parts sheet, along with an more recent (and thus more correct) drawing of the APAR
* the STIR's do nothing the APAR cannot do.
* the SMART-S Mk 2 radars cannot rotate in their positions and add nothing an APAR+ SMART-L combination cannot do.
* the goalkeepers are an good and powerful system, but canada often used phalanx. the 57mm fill part of it's role too. maybe 2 phalanxes would be better, positioned at the stern at both sides?
* there was an VLS system aft on the slava, but you put an superstructure on the deck there. there was nothing underneath the missile launchers forward, but you put VLS there. maybe swap the 2?
* of all parts of the ship, I would keep the helicopter hangar, and possibly even enlarge that.
* I see no reason to entirely rebuild the funnel and air intake section.
* the RAM launchers are an good idea, but they are in an bad position. try to put them fore and aft.

- most if not all parts I have not linked directly in the above can be found here, for the most recent versions: http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... =16&t=2755

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: What If Canada bought the Slava class cruiser Ukrayina..Posted: May 14th, 2014, 9:00 pm
Cutting cost again ....[ img ]

So backstory is that Ukraine (and the US in secret) try to spite Russia (and Poland cant refuse as the US is providing the kit free of charge :twisted:).

So a cheap upgraded using (mainly 2nd hand US) kit already used by Poland.

What do you think ?
- should I cut a 20mm by putting one on the bridge roof (moving radar up mast to clear it) and cutting 2 on beam.
- what helicopters should I use (is 2 ok or should I go to 3/4 and if so make hangar longer and cut the boats/ containers ?).

JSB

[Profile] [Quote]
battleship lover
Post subject: Re: What If Canada bought the Slava class cruiser Ukrayina..Posted: May 15th, 2014, 1:54 am
[ img ]
this is what I got so far I fixed some of the stuff. I wanted to make this ship a naval interceptor. How do you like it? :mrgreen:

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 7  [ 68 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »

Jump to: