Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 3  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 »
battleship lover
Post subject: Re: Ridiculous Modern Gun Cruiser and Chinese Type 056 CorvePosted: May 16th, 2014, 3:19 am
on your first ship you should make the guns stealth and add some kind of air defence

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Ridiculous Modern Gun Cruiser and Chinese Type 056 CorvePosted: May 16th, 2014, 4:46 am
battleship lover wrote:
on your first ship you should make the guns stealth and add some kind of air defence
you don't know what stealth is!

[Profile] [Quote]
bsmart
Post subject: Re: Ridiculous Modern Gun Cruiser and Chinese Type 056 CorvePosted: May 16th, 2014, 12:41 pm
battleship lover wrote:
1) You do realize it's not finished and
2) How do you propose "stealthing" a triple 12" turret?

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Ridiculous Modern Gun Cruiser and Chinese Type 056 CorvePosted: May 16th, 2014, 2:04 pm
Quote:
How do you propose "stealthing" a triple 12" turret?
... by not using it in the first place, since it has absolutely no value in modern naval or littoral warfare, that CM:s and drones cannot do! It's expensive, weight intensive and manpower intense too! No reason (anymore) to pay for all that, especially with the rising rate of inequality in the world!)

[Profile] [Quote]
bsmart
Post subject: Re: Ridiculous Modern Gun Cruiser and Chinese Type 056 CorvePosted: May 16th, 2014, 2:11 pm
Thanks for clearing that up. I was completely oblivious to the last 70 years of naval development.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Ridiculous Modern Gun Cruiser and Chinese Type 056 CorvePosted: May 16th, 2014, 2:20 pm
Well, sometimes when seeing stuff like that, and seeing questions asked the way you did, one need to be obvious...

De nada!

Why not focus on something from the real world instead? we still have huge holes in the coverage of all the world's shipping, whether naval or civilian! And that way you can better hone your skills as an artist.
Those artists, once starting up in the Beginners Forum, but choosing to draw a real ship, most of them have ended up as some of our most accomplished and celebrated artists!

[Profile] [Quote]
bsmart
Post subject: Re: Ridiculous Modern Gun Cruiser and Chinese Type 056 CorvePosted: May 16th, 2014, 9:23 pm
bezobrazov wrote:
Why not focus on something from the real world instead?
I already have, I've been posting the Type 056's progress in this very thread, one post before the ridiculous suggestion to stealth a triple 12" turret.

I'm drawing the other one because I enjoy it.

Regardless,

Put the Type 056 on the template for the first time. I've got the FL-3000N to the point where I'm happy with it. I'm sure I'll give it a bit more detail later but for now the shape and size is good. As far as I can tell the Type 056 is using a smaller 8 round version of this SAM launcher as opposed to the larger I think it's 20 round one. So this is kind of a one off. Likewise the Type 056 uses a 76mm instead of 100mm gun that's so popular with the Chinese. Again, I'm preliminarily happy with the turret but it's going to need more detail work for sure. I tweaked the stern cut outs AGAIN because apparently they keep fiddling with them. The refit of the ships that changed their funnel arrangement also apparently reduced the size of those cutouts. Also added the torpedo door just forward of the FL-3000N. Kind of an interesting arrangement but they have the usual triple tube arrangement but in the "hangar" area with pop open doors that let the tubes rotate out to fire.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Lebroba
Post subject: Re: Ridiculous Modern Gun Cruiser and Chinese Type 056 CorvePosted: May 23rd, 2014, 8:31 pm
You should consider changing from Gigantic and archaic naval guns to the gigantic modern kinetic energy hyper velocity electromagnetic sort. The weight saved in powders and mechanisms can be used for capacitor banks.

Otherwise its like putting a laser scope on a musket.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Ridiculous Modern Gun Cruiser and Chinese Type 056 CorvePosted: May 24th, 2014, 8:51 am
[ img ]
Linked BBCode (message boards

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
bsmart
Post subject: Re: Ridiculous Modern Gun Cruiser and Chinese Type 056 CorvePosted: May 27th, 2014, 11:54 am
Lebroba wrote:
You should consider changing from Gigantic and archaic naval guns to the gigantic modern kinetic energy hyper velocity electromagnetic sort. The weight saved in powders and mechanisms can be used for capacitor banks.

Otherwise its like putting a laser scope on a musket.
Oh for the love of... the first word in the title of the thread is, "Ridiculous," and the first post points out rather explicitly that I give no shits about how realistic that monstrosity is.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 3  [ 29 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3 »

Jump to: