Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 3  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 »
daemyrs
Post subject: Daemyrs AU: Hyle River Class DDGPosted: June 15th, 2014, 4:38 pm
[ img ]

Well here's my first original hull.

The Hyle is a seven ship class, constructed between 1996 and 2000 for the Unified States Navy.

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: Daemyrs AU: Hyle River Class DDGPosted: June 15th, 2014, 4:46 pm
You will need some intakes for the funnel. If you move the forward superstructure a little aft, there is more than enough space for a VLS forward, if you move the gun forward as well. The forward Phalanx could be moved forward as wellm to improve the firing arc. Yout ship is going to need some more electronics gear to be effective at modern warfare, some surface/navigational radars and radio atennae wont hurt either.

[Profile] [Quote]
daemyrs
Post subject: Re: Daemyrs AU: Hyle River Class DDGPosted: June 15th, 2014, 5:10 pm
The gin is where it's at so that there is space for the sonar as well as the magazine of the gun
I've added intakes (not on the image yet) and I'm working on antennae.

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: Daemyrs AU: Hyle River Class DDGPosted: June 15th, 2014, 6:07 pm
If you look in the partsheet you can find the below deck thread and see how much space you need. There should be enough.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Daemyrs AU: Hyle River Class DDGPosted: June 15th, 2014, 8:00 pm
I am not certain the SMART-S Mk 2 was available in 2000, so you might need to take the SMART-S Mk 1 instead.
the STIR 120 is IIRC unable to guide NSSM, so I would suggest fitting STIR 180's
the forward phalanx gun looks to be higher then actually required, you might be able to lower the entire superstructure by lowering the bridge along with it
I am not certain there is nothing in the way of that midships VLS
I suggest fitting an ECM system somewhere
try to find the intake housings on something of similar size, for example an burke, if you have not already, and base your air intake size on it (the intakes of the funnels are not the gas turbine intakes!)
I think you have oversized the magazine size for the gun, but what karle says is not entirely true: the belowdeck space of the Mk 45 gun is only the ready use magazine, not the full gun magazine.

[Profile] [Quote]
daemyrs
Post subject: Re: Daemyrs AU: Hyle River Class DDGPosted: June 16th, 2014, 6:54 am
[ img ]
I've re-worked her based on the suggestions.

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Daemyrs AU: Hyle River Class DDGPosted: June 16th, 2014, 7:31 am
Err what's changed ?
JSB

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: Daemyrs AU: Hyle River Class DDGPosted: June 16th, 2014, 9:49 am
The first drawing auto-updated. He added intakes for the engines and lowered the platform for the Phalanx.

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Daemyrs AU: Hyle River Class DDGPosted: June 16th, 2014, 10:32 am
ok sorry mine didn't update :oops:
JSB

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Daemyrs AU: Hyle River Class DDGPosted: June 16th, 2014, 11:02 am
those intakes are most likely too small, if you have gas turbine propulsion?
the STIR's look a bit cramped now, and I am wondering why they are placed that high.
the bridge seems to be fitted very high now, why don't you lower it a level?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 3  [ 26 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page 1 2 3 »

Jump to: