Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 3  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 »
daemyrs
Post subject: Re: Daemyrs AU: Hyle River Class DDGPosted: June 16th, 2014, 5:48 pm
For being slightly shorter than a Burke, the bridge is a similar height. And then I've lowered the STIRs

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Daemyrs AU: Hyle River Class DDGPosted: June 16th, 2014, 6:53 pm
yes, but the burkes bridge height is placed on that height because of the requirements being that it is higher or lower then the SPY-1 arrays.

[Profile] [Quote]
daemyrs
Post subject: Re: Daemyrs AU: Hyle River Class DDGPosted: June 19th, 2014, 4:56 am
What would be done benefits or drawbacks of mounting the bridge that high?

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Daemyrs AU: Hyle River Class DDGPosted: June 19th, 2014, 7:53 am
Well good visibility for a start but the Alvaro de Bazan class has its SPY faces above the bridge, which does reduce the size of the structure a tad but at the cost of a high viewpoint from the bridge

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Daemyrs AU: Hyle River Class DDGPosted: June 19th, 2014, 8:04 am
And thus higher up it is, thus more movement from side to side it is. For weak stomach...

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Daemyrs AU: Hyle River Class DDGPosted: June 19th, 2014, 1:38 pm
higher bridges are harder to reach, are bad from an damage control perspective, and your mast and funnel has to grow along with it (to get it clear of radars and smoke)
also, the center of gravity gets higher.
the advantage is basically only an higher volume on a given deck space.

since your bridge deck is quite small, I think it might be better to lower the bridge one deck and fill out the structure a bit more.

[Profile] [Quote]
daemyrs
Post subject: Re: Daemyrs AU: Hyle River Class DDGPosted: July 1st, 2014, 9:07 am
So I think I'm almost finished with the DDG
[ img ]
While I'm finding that one I also started drawing the oldest of four frigate classes in Daemyrtian service, the Hampton.
[ img ]

Feedback is greatly appreciated guys!

[Profile] [Quote]
daemyrs
Post subject: Re: Daemyrs AU: Hyle River Class DDGPosted: July 1st, 2014, 9:14 am
I just realized i misnamed the FFGs file :oops: but it's still a work in progress, so nothing I can't fix.

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Daemyrs AU: Hyle River Class DDGPosted: July 1st, 2014, 9:52 am
Qs

1) I have been told off for using the old SPS 39 as the flat one was used in most cases (from 63 on).

2) Would you used a Blackhawk that early ? or use a SH2 Seasprite as its smaller and older ?

Apart from that it looks good (to my untrained eye ;) ).

JSB

[Profile] [Quote]
daemyrs
Post subject: Re: Daemyrs AU: Hyle River Class DDGPosted: July 1st, 2014, 1:16 pm
The Blackhawk is just a placeholder for now. It will be replaced as i progress on the drawing.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 3  [ 26 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3 »

Jump to: