Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
erik_t
Post subject: Re: A "generic" Eastern Bloc subchaserPosted: July 15th, 2014, 5:12 pm
Seems pretty reasonable, and well drawn. I might put the lifeboat on something more like a WW2 destroyer installation:
[ img ]
This would clear arcs of fire for the aft mount and permit freer movement about the weather deck.

[Profile] [Quote]
denodon
Post subject: Re: A "generic" Eastern Bloc subchaserPosted: July 17th, 2014, 3:35 am
Agreed with the bow shading, but otherwise a nice design indeed.

Also interested in seeing another tackle an AU that is Russian-inspired like my own.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: A "generic" Eastern Bloc subchaserPosted: July 19th, 2014, 8:09 am
Welcome aboard.
This is an excellent design which is well thought out and really looks the part. I look forward to seeing the rest of the AU take shape, and perhaps some real-life ships too.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
wb21
Post subject: Re: A "generic" Eastern Bloc subchaserPosted: July 22nd, 2014, 10:04 am
Many thanks for the warm welcome ladies and gents. [ img ]

Apologies for the belated response, Typhoon Rammasun was worse than expected and hit our place hard last week (we're all fine though, and so are my comp and backups ;) ), and it'll take a couple of more days before power can be restored (posting this from a place where there's power now)... :?

When things become better, I'll post my next revision based on ace's inputs, then resume my attempts to rework the Cannon-class DEs + foreign operators (when things get a little bit dicey), among others... :)

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: A "generic" Eastern Bloc subchaserPosted: July 22nd, 2014, 8:30 pm
great to hear back from you ;) and even better to hear about the cannon class DE's. I will be looking forward to the USN and RNLN versions of the Cannon class, that is for certain!

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: A "generic" Eastern Bloc subchaserPosted: July 23rd, 2014, 5:02 pm
well this one is a nice gem to be found on this section, So bit belated welcomings from my behalf as well. Cant wait to see that AU of yours, and don't be shy to post on the proper forums, since this material is really exelent quality.

[Profile] [Quote]
sebu
Post subject: Re: A "generic" Eastern Bloc subchaserPosted: July 23rd, 2014, 9:55 pm
A bit late as well too, but good work and welcome aboard. No pressure but we'd like to see more of this quality ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
superboy
Post subject: Re: A "generic" Eastern Bloc subchaserPosted: July 25th, 2014, 9:43 am
welcome to shipbucket & very nice drawing ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
wb21
Post subject: Re: A "generic" Eastern Bloc subchaserPosted: July 28th, 2014, 9:37 am
Again, thanks for the comments. :)
Finally I made the latest revisions...fixed the bow shading and removed the hull stabilizers:

[ img ]

[ img ]

erik_t wrote:
Seems pretty reasonable, and well drawn. I might put the lifeboat on something more like a WW2 destroyer installation:
This would clear arcs of fire for the aft mount and permit freer movement about the weather deck.
I derived the liferaft's configuration from the SC-497 chaser, like this one, but I could be wrong though.
Quote:
well this one is a nice gem to be found on this section, So bit belated welcomings from my behalf as well. Cant wait to see that AU of yours, and don't be shy to post on the proper forums, since this material is really exelent quality.
Thanks sir, your AUs were my great source of inspiration for my AU (don't worry I won't touch your AU ships, but I'll borrow a few of your real Russian ships from the main archive ;) ), so far I have one frigate class and another one in the works for my AU, and when I get enough time and have power restored in my home I'll try my best to make my AU at par with yours. :)

Cheers -- wb21

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: