Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
Cunardfan
Post subject: Re: RMS Mauretania (II)Posted: September 15th, 2014, 8:48 pm
Novice wrote:
Amazing work. I think this one should go in the regular Real Life thread. Hope to see more Cunarders, but mind you, Andania of 1967 ( the two funneled freighter), is a ship I'm planning on doing myself. The Brescia of 1928 is also on the ways (about 45% done).
I hope to see more from you, anyway.
You mean the Andria/Alsatia, (which I had planned but haven't started yet) the Andania was a single funneled freighter.
Either way my current work list includes the

Asia/Assyria/Arabia (started, 10% done) of the 50s
The Pavia/Lycia/Phrygia (these are 30% done) of the 50s.
Also I plan on the Vandalia/Vardulia which will modifications of existing Liberty ships.
I'm not sure what other vessels I want to do, I have drawings for every Cunard vessel. I might do the "A" Class liners built in the 20s, most likely Ascania as she served into the 50s. I might also do the Franconia from the 20s, as it served into the 50s as well. My basic goal is to have the complete Cunard 50s era fleet.

Cunard Line Ascania (final 1950s configuration)
Cunard Line RMS Aquitania

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: RMS Mauretania (II)Posted: September 15th, 2014, 8:52 pm
Well we don't have Mods anymore and that is a drawing that should be in the real designs section.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: RMS Mauretania (II)Posted: September 15th, 2014, 9:28 pm
Cunardfan wrote:
Novice wrote:
Amazing work. I think this one should go in the regular Real Life thread. Hope to see more Cunarders, but mind you, Andania of 1967 ( the two funneled freighter), is a ship I'm planning on doing myself. The Brescia of 1928 is also on the ways (about 45% done).
I hope to see more from you, anyway.
You mean the Andria/Alsatia, (which I had planned but haven't started yet) the Andania was a single funneled freighter.
Either way my current work list includes the

Asia/Assyria/Arabia (started, 10% done) of the 50s
The Pavia/Lycia/Phrygia (these are 30% done) of the 50s.
Also I plan on the Vandalia/Vardulia which will modifications of existing Liberty ships.
I'm not sure what other vessels I want to do, I have drawings for every Cunard vessel. I might do the "A" Class liners built in the 20s, most likely Ascania as she served into the 50s. I might also do the Franconia from the 20s, as it served into the 50s as well. My basic goal is to have the complete Cunard 50s era fleet.
Of course the Andria/Alsatia, but I think you may do them.
I do have the Media of 1963, the Franconia, the Scythia and others but I can defer those for you to do if you so wish. I also have the Bantria of 1928 and not Brescia which is, as said above, about 45% done already.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
tsd715
Post subject: Re: RMS Mauretania (II)Posted: January 24th, 2015, 2:32 am
Amazing work! I always hated the green and gray paintjob Cunard gave their ships when they started cruising instead of doing transatlantic crossings, though.

[Profile] [Quote]
tsd715
Post subject: Re: RMS Mauretania (II)Posted: February 19th, 2015, 12:46 am
Amazing drawing! However, I always hated that green paintjob Cunard gave their ships when they switched to cruising from the transatlantic route. I think it's interesting how Cunard switched to the counter stern with the Mauretania II instead of sticking with the cruiser stern they used on the QM and QE.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 15 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: