Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 3  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Keumgang-Class Battlecruiser (AU)Posted: January 3rd, 2015, 4:22 pm
As for your hull, you have (quite inexplicitly) included the Tiger's secondary gun casemate recess forward. If your ship is going to ship secondaries in independent turret (gun-house) mounts, then you better delete (i.e. redraw) that part of the hull, or it'll look very, very awkward and strange.

I agree with most comments regarding time-appropriate equipment, such as guns, electronics etc. One other thing, that may not strike you as too important, but whose correctness certainly will add to the overall impression of your drawing is to equip your ship with an appropriate number and types of ships' boats. Right now you've only got one type (a French one, implausible on a British-style BB or CA/CL!) A BB like this will need, at least 10-12 different kinds of ships' boats, and in the Parts section I've posted the correct RN-types that you may use freely!

[Profile] [Quote]
Sumeragi
Post subject: Re: Keumgang-Class Battlecruiser (AU)Posted: January 3rd, 2015, 7:40 pm
I'm starting to feel that I should focus on the ship in its 1936 configuration, since the story itself starts from late 1935. I'll try working around with things to see if I can cook up something.

[Profile] [Quote]
Sumeragi
Post subject: Re: Keumgang-Class Battlecruiser (AU)Posted: January 3rd, 2015, 10:52 pm
bezobrazov wrote:
As for your hull, you have (quite inexplicitly) included the Tiger's secondary gun casemate recess forward. If your ship is going to ship secondaries in independent turret (gun-house) mounts, then you better delete (i.e. redraw) that part of the hull, or it'll look very, very awkward and strange.
Exactly which part is this? Also, how do you propose I fix it?

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: Keumgang-Class Battlecruiser (AU)Posted: January 3rd, 2015, 11:31 pm
Like this.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Sumeragi
Post subject: Re: Keumgang-Class Battlecruiser (AU)Posted: January 4th, 2015, 4:00 am
Wow, looks much better. Thank you!

I guess this is where we start trying to make a 1936 version.

[Profile] [Quote]
Moltke
Post subject: Re: Keumgang-Class Battlecruiser (AU)Posted: September 18th, 2015, 7:41 am
Good work ! Sorry for my nub question , but in what program do you draft this ship ? P/S. Sorry for my bad English. I am Russian

Last edited by Moltke on September 19th, 2015, 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Keumgang-Class Battlecruiser (AU)Posted: September 18th, 2015, 8:28 am
Moltke wrote:
Good work ! Sorry for my nub question , but in what program do you draft this ship ? P/S. Sorry for my bed English. I am Russian
Any drawing drawing program that isn't vector based where you can turn off anti-aliasing.
Paint.NET is a personal favourite

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 3  [ 27 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3

Jump to: