Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 3  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 »
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Keumgang-Class Battlecruiser (AU)Posted: January 2nd, 2015, 6:24 am
Sumeragi wrote:
JSB wrote:
- try to lower the top-weight, buy cutting hight ..... the main bridge
Perhaps just go back to the smaller version? I've tried the larger G3 bridge to see if there can be maximization of technology.
If the superstructure is relatively thin in comparison to the beam, it could be easily feasible, though with a 27.6m beam, it would have to be fairly thin

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Sumeragi
Post subject: Re: Keumgang-Class Battlecruiser (AU)Posted: January 2nd, 2015, 6:32 am
I'll have to revert that part then.

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: Keumgang-Class Battlecruiser (AU)Posted: January 2nd, 2015, 7:06 am
I thought I recognised it. It was one of the first SB kitbashes I ever did back in Feb 2012. The hull was from Bombhead, the rest were parts, the bridge I think was from one of the 'unknown' drawings.

The hull has been changed out for one of Jabba's WW1 designs.

[ img ]

I don't need any crediting, but it is nice to see that something I did years ago has sparked someones creative talents. It is also interesting to see how far my my own talents have gone from these early kitbashes, to the latest real life drawings and never-weres.

The way I look at it, if I can do it, anyone can, with a bit of patience.

[Profile] [Quote]
Sumeragi
Post subject: Re: Keumgang-Class Battlecruiser (AU)Posted: January 2nd, 2015, 7:18 am
Ah, so that was the other ship. Thank you for coming to post here. You did inspire me to try and make a half-sister ship of Kongo.

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Keumgang-Class Battlecruiser (AU)Posted: January 2nd, 2015, 7:34 am
If you want ? I would try to blend a smaller one but keep features of the larger on ie a control tower forward etc.

It basically depends on how advanced you want it to look and that’s complicated by the date and how 'good' your AU design team are (less advanced navy’s built ships with some 'old' features that larger navy’s had given up after examining battle experience, but again if most of that was gained is down to what happens in your AU ;) )

O and cut the AA directors (x2 top bridge and stern mast) as they are no really 1922

JSB

[Profile] [Quote]
Sumeragi
Post subject: Re: Keumgang-Class Battlecruiser (AU)Posted: January 2nd, 2015, 8:29 pm
JSB wrote:
It basically depends on how advanced you want it to look and that’s complicated by the date and how 'good' your AU design team are (less advanced navy’s built ships with some 'old' features that larger navy’s had given up after examining battle experience, but again if most of that was gained is down to what happens in your AU ;) )
It's basically like what Britain did for Japan with Kongo: Construction of one ship, training, technology transfer, the whole package. Plus, I figure that with Britain proper in an austerity mood, RN might want to try out things it wouldn't be able to otherwise do with this ship, since they'll be getting the data.

JSB wrote:
O and cut the AA directors (x2 top bridge and stern mast) as they are no really 1922
I was thinking with G3 having three director-control towers, it could be possible to use them on here. Were those DCTs already developed or to be developed at the time of the G3 designing?

Actually, can you circle where those directors are? Not sure if I'm mixing up the main gun directors with the AA directors.

[ img ]

What I have so far.

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Keumgang-Class Battlecruiser (AU)Posted: January 2nd, 2015, 9:36 pm
May I suggest Hoods excellent thread for what might be built for 1922 http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... =13&t=5705 (I might go more than a bit smaller if you are using 14in twin turrets ;) )

You have 2 sets of HACS types directors (one between bridge and funnel, 2nd on top of the bridge mast (and it still has radar aerials on it)) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HACS

JSB

[Profile] [Quote]
Sumeragi
Post subject: Re: Keumgang-Class Battlecruiser (AU)Posted: January 2nd, 2015, 11:40 pm
JSB wrote:
May I suggest Hoods excellent thread for what might be built for 1922 http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... =13&t=5705 (I might go more than a bit smaller if you are using 14in twin turrets ;) )
Thank you for the link. And wow, sure are big ones.

JSB wrote:
You have 2 sets of HACS types directors (one between bridge and funnel, 2nd on top of the bridge mast (and it still has radar aerials on it)) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HACS
Roger, will strike those out.

[Profile] [Quote]
Sumeragi
Post subject: Re: Keumgang-Class Battlecruiser (AU)Posted: January 3rd, 2015, 7:51 am
Finalized(?)

[ img ]

Launched: 1923
Displacement: 28,500 t (Standard), 33,260 t (Full)
Length: 214.6 m
Beam: 27.6 m
Draught: 9.9 m
Power: 115,000 shp
Speed: 31 knot
Range: 10,000 nmi at 14 knots
Armament:
- 8 x 14" (4x2)
- 16 x BL 6 inch Mk XIV/XV (8x2)
- 8 x QF 4 inch Mk V (7)
Armor:
- Belt: Maximum 229 mm
- Deck: Maximum 146 mm
- Turret: Maximum 229 mm
- Conning Tower: 254 mm

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: Keumgang-Class Battlecruiser (AU)Posted: January 3rd, 2015, 8:27 am
Tubs are called tubs for a reason, think of an empty tub of margarine. The single 4" should sit down into the tubs.

The top mast where you had the AA director on top of the bridge. You could also remove that till you do a late 1930's rebuild.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 3  [ 27 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3 »

Jump to: