Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
Refleks
Post subject: Re: MV Brigitte BardotPosted: January 9th, 2015, 8:35 pm
Ah I think I understand now. Several sections of the perimeter was dark grey still instead of black as you indicated, I just hadn't noticed it until zooming in really close lol. Take a look at this one, if it's better I'll go ahead and remove the others!

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: MV Brigitte BardotPosted: January 9th, 2015, 8:54 pm
looks good. a few small comments:
- try to make the bends in the hull (represented with grey lines) darker then the shading (so lighten the shading grey or darken the bend grey) to make it look more pleasing to the eye and make the details visible
- wasn't there some paint on the bow? http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2013 ... Bardot.png
- try to tone down the shading a bit. it looks a bit weird with the large grey blob, although I think it is correctly shaped on first glance
- the mast might benefit from a bit more structure showing. antenna's can be done in dark grey, and there seems to be some frame to support the mast next to the structure http://i.ytimg.com/vi/8aMRSBaJ8yo/maxresdefault.jpg
- the forward edge of the wing looks a bit off on your drawing
- try a bit more details. btw, these are quite hard to do as first drawing, so I think you are doing a really good job so far. the easiest ship size to learn shipbucket is around 100m :P
- I was about to say that an underwater hull might massively improve the drawing, but the best reference I could find for it so far is http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/01/ ... 34x395.jpg since this is an unconventionally shaped ship, you cannot draw just from reason so I think it is indeed best to leave the underwater hull off.

[Profile] [Quote]
Refleks
Post subject: Re: MV Brigitte BardotPosted: January 11th, 2015, 3:55 am
Thanks for the comments!

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: MV Brigitte BardotPosted: January 11th, 2015, 11:40 am
Hope you don't mind me mutilating your nice boat to show what I mean.

[ img ]

1) lots of your black lines are not actually black but shades of grey (and the line swaps as it goes along) I have highlighted in green what needs to be black or changed IMO.

2) Make all the portholes have the same edge and be one shade

3) Clean up some bits like railings and the front hull and maybe do the rib in grey and make the background all clear.

Hope that helps, JSB

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 14 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: