Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 5  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: United Kingdom of NusantaraPosted: January 10th, 2015, 9:03 am
I have doubts about that sonar fitting the ship, the artisan fitting on a ship with open gun shields (technology levels too far apart)
the propellers are also unlike any real one and the bilge keel is way too far forward (too long for this size of ship, most likely)

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: United Kingdom of NusantaraPosted: January 10th, 2015, 10:56 am
That is no Artisan... It has an external transmitter! (Or what looks like one)

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: United Kingdom of NusantaraPosted: February 17th, 2015, 6:37 am
KDN Sumatra
This warship was formerly the USS Tripoli which the Nusantara bought from the United States in 2002. It was unmodified and it's helicopters was bought from the US with Malaysian, Indonesian and Singaporean helicopters. It remained the flagship of the Nusantaran Navy until 2015
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: United Kingdom of NusantaraPosted: February 17th, 2015, 6:49 am
While I applaud your efforts to get some airpower to sea, purchasing a 35 year old ship is not a good idea (Commissioned: 6 August 1966, Decommissioned: 15 September 1995) especially if it has been in mothballs/ used for trials for 7 years. Singapore has shown that it is quite capable of building ships of this type. You would be better off building your own.

Give you a chance to build/design/draw your own ship to do what you want.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: United Kingdom of NusantaraPosted: February 17th, 2015, 12:59 pm
What changes and/or alterations have you made on the ex-Tripoli to merit putting your signature on it? I'm not wholly familiar with the Iwo Jimas, so I'd leave it to those more knowledgeable to guide us to that answer.

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: United Kingdom of NusantaraPosted: February 17th, 2015, 1:53 pm
There was little alteration to the Iwo Jima class other than returning it to an active warship again. It was also given a better engine

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: United Kingdom of NusantaraPosted: February 18th, 2015, 1:53 am
So, really nothing to motivate adding your signature to the drawing? Do I understand it correctly? In academia such a behavior would be labelled plagiarism...

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: United Kingdom of NusantaraPosted: February 19th, 2015, 5:08 am
OberstAmiruddin wrote:
There was little alteration to the Iwo Jima class other than returning it to an active warship again. It was also given a better engine
That is a serious task and, on a ship this old, would likely cost more than an all-new hull.

[Profile] [Quote]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: United Kingdom of NusantaraPosted: February 19th, 2015, 12:40 pm
Hi bezobrazov,

I think use of the word "plagiarism" may be overstating things, bezo. I can certainly see scope for debate about how much work has Oberst has done, and I think that you could argue that Oberst's name should not be on the credit line, but given that he's still got DP's name and Gator's name on there I personally would find it difficult to characterise that as "passing someone else's work off as one's own.". Plagiarism is quite a serious thing to say about somebody and I'm not sure that this meets that standard, given that he's got the references right there.

Regards,
Adam

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: United Kingdom of NusantaraPosted: February 20th, 2015, 2:07 am
I agree with you Adam. I did it, however, to elicit some sort of viable response. Unfortunately it was not from the subject person...

But, also, yes, it is in a way a means of "passing some else's work off as your own" n the manner that we are led to believe that our Colonel friend actually has contributed significantly to the Tripolis drawing, which I still really cannot see that he has. If not a form of partial plagiarism it is still dishonest in my view. - But, again, if someone out there actually can make a good case about how much and what OberstAmiruddin has contributed to modify the drawing to merit the inclusion of his signature, then I'll happily concede my error and yield the case.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 5  [ 41 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: