Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 5  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
JSB
Post subject: Re: United Kingdom of NusantaraPosted: January 7th, 2015, 1:21 pm
Maybe but what about RAN/RTN who might come and help some local 'freedom fighters' restore order. (not to mention you might need some heavy firepower to restore order in Singapore after the official Religion = Islam gets released ;) )

JSB

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: United Kingdom of NusantaraPosted: January 7th, 2015, 8:52 pm
JSB wrote:
Maybe but what about RAN/RTN who might come and help some local 'freedom fighters' restore order. (not to mention you might need some heavy firepower to restore order in Singapore after the official Religion = Islam gets released ;) )

JSB
Nusantara will be like Malaysia on it's view on other religions in the country i.e. they will allow other religions to operate without any interference from the Government unless it is considered too extreme or will cause conflict such as what had happened recently when the Malaysian Christian Society attempted to use the word "Allah" instead of "Tuhan" (God) in their Malay versions of the bible and this was not allowed by the Malaysian Government as it will cause conflict and confusion between the Muslims and the Christians.
Now about the Royal Australian Navy and the Royal Thai Navy, wouldn't that cause problems between them and their allies because Nusantara is friendly with the United States and EU and I don't think the US and the UK would be happy to see their ally, Australia assisting "freedom fighters" in a country that they are friendly to, especially when that nation can whenever it want stop world trade by blockading their waters. If you are not aware, Nusantara has complete control over the Straits of Malacca which even today is an important route for trade and commerce.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: United Kingdom of NusantaraPosted: January 7th, 2015, 9:27 pm
One fast way to obtain those ships would be to buy them second-hand. For instance, by 2001 to 2007 there were both the French Suffren and Duquesne, Dutch De Ruyter and Tromp and Italian Ardito and Audace available, as well as the German Lutjens-class (Rommel and Moelders). Of course, they'd be fairly run-down and a majority would have steam power plants, thus making them expensive, relatively speaking, to run. Those are the DDG:s.
As for FFG:s, there'd be the Dutch Standard-class, that comes to mind; possibly even the U.S. OHP-class. Maybe the ex-Iraqi Lupos could be feasible.
Thus a quick build-up is possible, but it would depend on existing hulls, available for purchasing. As for logistics, shore-side and seaside are different matters entirely though...

[Profile] [Quote]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: United Kingdom of NusantaraPosted: January 7th, 2015, 10:31 pm
Hi Oberst,

Looking interesting, looking forward to further details.

Also, to follow up with the whole "insurgency" thing, that might provide a good opportunity to draw a whole bunch of FD-scale counter-insurgency vehicles (that's going to be less tanks and APCs and more MRAPs or trucks, I think, depending on how energetic you want your insurgents to be) but you could also have counter-insurgency aircraft - could be a great way to get some of the more out-of-the-way vehicles drawn.

Regards,
Adam

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: United Kingdom of NusantaraPosted: January 7th, 2015, 10:48 pm
Well, I did say that most of Nusantara's warships by 2014 were foreign made such as the their VTOL carrier, KD Perajurit was formerly the Indian Navy's INS Vikrant and their LPH, KDN Megah was of the US Navy's old Iwo Jima class, USS Tripoli. Her destroyers coming both the US and German Navy (Spruance class and Lutjen class)
apdsmith wrote:
Hi Oberst,

Looking interesting, looking forward to further details.

Also, to follow up with the whole "insurgency" thing, that might provide a good opportunity to draw a whole bunch of FD-scale counter-insurgency vehicles (that's going to be less tanks and APCs and more MRAPs or trucks, I think, depending on how energetic you want your insurgents to be) but you could also have counter-insurgency aircraft - could be a great way to get some of the more out-of-the-way vehicles drawn.

Regards,
Adam
Oh, thanks for the suggestions, I was planning on putting up ground vehicles first anyway but at least I now know what doctrine to look at.
Who knows Nusantara becomes so expert at fighting insurgents that the US troops go to Nusantara to be trained. (In OTL, this is true for Malaysia as US troops come to Malaysia to train their forces in asymmetrical warfare and jungle warfare)

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: United Kingdom of NusantaraPosted: January 8th, 2015, 4:58 am
Actually Apdsmith, the countries in question tends to use either full on armoured vehicles or landrovers (or the local equivalent)
The back roads of Malaysia and the Philipines are much less forgiving than the ones in Afghanistan since they're mainly in deep jungle and the people involved are much less averse to casualties than we are.
On top of that Malaysias was trained by the USSR back in the day, another big fan of maximum force at the earliest point possible.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: United Kingdom of NusantaraPosted: January 8th, 2015, 6:29 am
Thiel wrote:
Actually Apdsmith, the countries in question tends to use either full on armoured vehicles or landrovers (or the local equivalent)
The back roads of Malaysia and the Philipines are much less forgiving than the ones in Afghanistan since they're mainly in deep jungle and the people involved are much less averse to casualties than we are.
On top of that Malaysias was trained by the USSR back in the day, another big fan of maximum force at the earliest point possible.
Umm, Thiel, I don't want to anger you but you are dead wrong, Malaysia was trained by the British, I know this because I am Malaysian and we had more or less perfected anti-guerrilla warfare during our Malayan Emergency. Indonesia was the one assisted by the Soviet Union but they too focused more on infantry tactics. The dirt roads in Malaysia, Indonesia and Philippines are not that difficult to traverse heck, I have seen big trucks travel the dirt or rocky roads of Malaysia and Indonesia with little problem.

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: United Kingdom of NusantaraPosted: January 8th, 2015, 10:45 am
What tank should I have Nusantara have to start its armoured regiments?

[Profile] [Quote]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: United Kingdom of NusantaraPosted: January 8th, 2015, 10:50 am
Hi Oberst,

Given that the country sprang into existence in 1997, I'd say "look up what they had then." - The tanks probably haven't required replacement yet, though I'd imagine that your defence ministry is looking at the replacements (whatever they will be) about now...

Also, Thiel, Oberst, thanks for the clarification, I hadn't considered that.

Regards,
Adam

[Profile] [Quote]
pegasus206
Post subject: Re: United Kingdom of NusantaraPosted: January 8th, 2015, 1:32 pm
HI Oberst
Looking forward to see more of this AU.

And like Adam say use in first place the equiptment those three armed forces have at that time. And in 1997 tey would use mostly Amx-13 /105mm and Fv 101 Scorpion/90mm tanks. Witch two of your country's now have replaced with Leopard 2 so i think you have to look that way. And maby you can buy more equiptment from Germany and Holland wich have sold a big part of of it.

And for the rest i would look at what is locally made in those country's.

Best Regards,
Aart.

Projects:

The Kingdom of Rochfort in FD

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 5  [ 41 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: