Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 5  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 »
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: United Kingdom of NusantaraPosted: January 6th, 2015, 10:11 pm
This my second attempt on an AU after my fail Republic of Rossiya.
This time I am doing something a little easier, I am going to change the history of real world nations. Well here I go.

Beginning of the United Kingdom of Nusantara:
1997 was the worse year for South East Asia, Dr Mahathir Mohammad, Prime Minister of Malaysia died in a car crash early that year; President of Singapore, Ong Teng Cheong passed away due to a heart attack and in July, the Asian Financial Crisis rocked the South East Asian region. Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore were hit the worst. The governments of Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia were unable to revitalize their economies. This causes civil disorder through out the three countries, and riots soon broke out across the region. It was this time did a radical party formed from the most radical from the largest parties of the three nations, the United People of Archipelago's Party or UPAP which started in Malaysia. This party soon gained the support of the people of Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore. By 1998, UPAP launched velvet revolutions in Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia which all succeeded and the UPAP decided to create a new nation from the three nations. This new nation was a constitutional monarchy with the Yang Di-Pertuan Agong of Malaysia as the new king. This new nation was called Nusantara or properly the United Kingdom of Nusantara. This nation soon got back on its feet and began to prosper and by 2007 the nation was a industrial and economical powerhouse. Its military power was the combination of the former three nations. Nusantara was acknowledged by the United Nations in 2000. Now, Nusantara is a peaceful nation with close relations with the US, Japan, European Union and China.
Nusantara
• Official name: United Kingdom of Nusantara
• Motto: Gagah Bersatu untuk Maju (Strong to Unite to Develop)
• Government: Constitutional Monarchy
• Capital City: Kuala Lumpur
• Largest Cities:
o Singapore
o Jakarta
o Yogyakarta
• Official Language: Malay
• Recognized Languages:
o Indonesian
o Mandarin
o Tamil
o English
• Demonym: Nusantaran
• Religion: Islam
• GDP: 650.543 billion dollars (2014 Est)
• Currency: Nusantara Dollar
• Land Area: 2235134.3 km2
• Population: 288 047 500 (2014 Est)
• Military Strength: 550 000 (2014 Est)
• Date of creation: 5th May 1999
[ img ]
Flag of United Kingdom of Nusantara
[ img ]
Flag of the Royal Nusantaran Army
[ img ]
Flag of the Royal Nusantaran Navy
[ img ]
Flag of the Royal Nusantaran Air Force
[ img ]
Flag of the Royal Nusantaran Marine Corps
[ img ]

Last edited by OberstAmiruddin on January 7th, 2015, 1:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Cascadia
Post subject: Re: United Kingdom of NusantaraPosted: January 6th, 2015, 11:32 pm
By looking at the real world numbers, can I guess, that your military strength are both active and reserve forces? About 400,000 active and about 900,000 reserve?

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: United Kingdom of NusantaraPosted: January 7th, 2015, 12:33 am
Is that too much?

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: United Kingdom of NusantaraPosted: January 7th, 2015, 12:46 am
I get headaches from dealing with <700,000 total armed forces and I've been working on the same AU for near enough a decade now so, maybe, just a little bit too much?

Question is, why do you need over a million men under arms in the first place? You're friendly with everyone apparently, you seem to have no internal conflict to deal with as such so I don't see the need for such a large standing force.

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: United Kingdom of NusantaraPosted: January 7th, 2015, 1:14 am
Alright, I will cut down the numbers

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: United Kingdom of NusantaraPosted: January 7th, 2015, 6:15 am
Composition of the Royal Nusantaran Navy:
In the beginning, the Royal Nusantaran Navy comprised of the ships from the Royal Malaysian Navy, the Republic of Singapore Navy and the Indonesian Navy. However these ships were of different specs and were barely enough to guard Nusantara's extensive coastline but they had to make due until they can get the nation's economy up and running.
  • 10 Frigates
    12 Corvettes
    56 Patrol Vessels
    4 Submarines
The Royal Nusantaran Navy from 2003 to 2010 began purchasing ships from other navies especially from the United States Navy, Royal Navy and the Deutsch Marine. It has also began it's own ship building program in 2005 with small patrol boats, to offshore patrol vessels and now are venturing into building corvettes and frigates.
  • 1 VTOL Aircraft Carriers
    1 Landing, Platform, Helicopter ships
    2 Amphibious Assault Ships
    2 Guided Missile Destroyers
    3 Destroyers
    10 Frigates
    14 Corvettes
    14 Offshore Patrol Vessels
    8 Submarines

Last edited by OberstAmiruddin on January 7th, 2015, 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
shippy2013
Post subject: Re: United Kingdom of NusantaraPosted: January 7th, 2015, 7:59 am
thats an awfull amount of ships to commission in 8 years..... id expect it to take up to 20 years to transform a navy this much, build the ships, test the ships, train crews etc......

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: United Kingdom of NusantaraPosted: January 7th, 2015, 9:25 am
I agree with Shippy. Building up the infrastructure and the trained manpower is going to take a really long time.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: United Kingdom of NusantaraPosted: January 7th, 2015, 10:29 am
I have reduced the number of ships in the 2015 list.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: United Kingdom of NusantaraPosted: January 7th, 2015, 12:57 pm
Just a thought, but pretty much all the countries you've united were fighting active guerrillia groups. I doubt many of them are going to go away. Not to mention all the new ones that are going to spring up.
So it seems to me that you'd have to dedicate the majority of your military spending to fighting them.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 5  [ 41 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: