Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ] 
torten
Post subject: Over gunned destroyerPosted: March 22nd, 2015, 1:55 pm
This is my first ship. It is a WW1 destroyer with a 7'5 inch gun on the front. Any feedback?

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Over gunned destroyerPosted: March 22nd, 2015, 2:20 pm
the deck height seems somewhat overstated, while the dimensions of the hull seem to be of. I also have doubts where exactly your machinery is? take a look at what is drawn here in the bucket, and try to find what are the important factors in ship design. (the best way to do so is by taking some undrawn ship and make a perfect drawing of her in shipbucket scale and style, but I know from my experience not everyone wants to do so)

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Over gunned destroyerPosted: March 22nd, 2015, 3:51 pm
Here you have two places with an example on Destroyers, Just scroll down until you see drawing link starting with DD.

http://shipbucket.com/images.php?dir=Re ... %20Britain

http://shipbucket.com/images.php?dir=Re ... %20America

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Over gunned destroyerPosted: March 22nd, 2015, 3:59 pm
Welcome to the Shipbucket Torten.
I suggest You start with drawing some real-life ships, but if You insist on making a personal design, I think You should start here, in a thread prepared specifically with cases like Yours:
http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... f=5&t=3743
;)

P.S. Proper template would be nice too.

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Over gunned destroyerPosted: March 22nd, 2015, 9:13 pm
Welcome to the Shipbucket Torten.

Looks more Gunboat than Destroyer to me (to short for its hight) have a look at http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... 0&start=20 for my attempts at RN WW1 destroyers.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Over gunned destroyerPosted: March 27th, 2015, 12:00 am
Welcome aboard Torten,

What you seem to have there in terms of shape/size, function and armament is a coastal gunboat similar to what many South American navies had about the interwar years. Might wish to stretch it a few dozen meters and drop the 7.5" as that makes it a gunboat/cruiser and is a lot of weight above the center of gravity as opposed to a 3-5" mount, unless you wish to turn it into a gunboat (which we don't see to much of on here)

Also just be wary about hull depth but in this case hull breadth, as those underwater torpedo tubes mounted fore required a lot of space and that space on a ship that size is fairly tiny and cramped.

That being said, nice to see new faces and I look forwards to what you come up with

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only”

Jump to: