Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
AReuter
Post subject: Helgoland Ferrie, Wappen von HamburgPosted: March 30th, 2015, 4:40 pm
Hello at all,

that´s my first post.
I am showing you the Wappen von Hamburg, a Helgoland ferrie. Launch of the ship was on 16. February 1965.
It´s built at the Howaldtswerke Hamburg.
The length/width 109,6m/15,00m.
Hope you enjoy.

Please tell me what´s wrong or if i can change something for the better.

[ img ]

AReuter

Last edited by AReuter on March 30th, 2015, 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Helgoland Ferrie, Wappen von HamburgPosted: March 30th, 2015, 6:03 pm
Welcome !

Looks nice and sensible for a first ship (civilian ship and small at that)
(I think your ship has been resized by photobucket but that's normal search and you will find out how to fix it)

ADD
Looks nice but I hope you have it saved in none Jpeg :(

Last edited by JSB on March 30th, 2015, 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
AReuter
Post subject: Re: Helgoland Ferrie, Wappen von HamburgPosted: March 30th, 2015, 6:48 pm
Hi JSB!

Thank you! Yes, it´s the first one.
I hope that´s better!?

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Helgoland Ferrie, Wappen von HamburgPosted: March 30th, 2015, 7:09 pm
Welcome to Shipbucket, and I hope you'll do more ships soon, but first some issues with your first one
Windows and portholes are standard parts, and should always be outlined in black.
All other parts should be also outlined in black, like life boats , propellers and so on.
your image is saved as a *.jpg file,, it should be saved as a *.png, or at least as *.gif.
The *.jpg format has an adverse effect on your drawings, making it blurry and even if you had drawn everything in black, it was changed into various shades of grey because of the *.jpg format.
Template wise you should use the Arial font, and not the one you had used here.
(if you use windows 7, or any other more advanced than Windows XP, in the parts sheet thread you can find the correct fonts in one of the parts threads)

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
sebu
Post subject: Re: Helgoland Ferrie, Wappen von HamburgPosted: April 1st, 2015, 3:42 pm
Welcome to SB AReuter,
A good start! Few things as Novice mentioned but go on; we'd like to see more ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
AReuter
Post subject: Re: Helgoland Ferrie, Wappen von HamburgPosted: April 4th, 2015, 6:25 pm
Hi,

here is the fixed version.
I hope it´s better!?

[ img ]

AReuter

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Helgoland Ferrie, Wappen von HamburgPosted: April 4th, 2015, 6:53 pm
you are missing some black outlining. for example around the rudder.

Shipbucket is also operating with an standard railing style.

The ship name on the bow, is blurry, if you can't writ it at that scale, then just make an impression of the name. For example like this:
http://www.shipbucket.com/Real%20Design ... eipner.png

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Helgoland Ferrie, Wappen von HamburgPosted: April 4th, 2015, 7:02 pm
Yes, it's looking better, however, the waterline is often colored in black. The railings are also not standard, they should be 6 pixels high, with the toprail at 6px and the midrail at 3px. The tri-level railing looks good, but unfortunately it's not standard, so it needs to be changed. Also, I would recommend looking at the lettering on the bow and keeping it a single color. The ropes and whip masts are also suffering from JPG artefacts.
Other than that it looks good!

EDIT: Heuhen beat me to the punch lol

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Helgoland Ferrie, Wappen von HamburgPosted: April 4th, 2015, 7:09 pm
ezgo394 wrote:
EDIT: Heuhen beat me to the punch lol
Ah I just got bored.

[Profile] [Quote]
AReuter
Post subject: Re: Helgoland Ferrie, Wappen von HamburgPosted: April 4th, 2015, 8:38 pm
Thank´s for your helpful comments!
Hope i have the final version now.

[ img ]

AReuter

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: