Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 25 of 25  [ 242 posts ]  Go to page « 121 22 23 24 25
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Crovenian EmpirePosted: June 24th, 2015, 5:44 am
I just told you why. The procession of history will make that harder for you. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superfiring
As I said in the post before, and as it says on the Wiki link I provided above, this is the first ship that made use of superfiring turrets in 1899:
[ img ]
Then, as I also said above, the first ship to make use of main caliber superfiring was this ship in 1908:
[ img ]
Plus, you also have to take into account the building methods of the time, material strengths, etc. Just because a ship in 1910 had them, does not mean that a ship in 1895 can have them as well. Those years from ironclad ships all the way up to WWII was a period of rapid development. Just read up on different ships and you'll see that a lot of them were already obsolete when launched. That's how quickly technology progressed in that time.
About the closest you can get to superfiring turrets before that time would be a double-decker turret, like this:
[ img ]

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Crovenian EmpirePosted: June 24th, 2015, 8:12 am
ABetterName wrote:
There are casemates.
Sorry, but they look more like doors with plated in portholes, you need to add gun barrels IMO.
ABetterName wrote:
Is there a specific reason why superfiring turrets are not plausible for 1895?
Just that you are effectively building a 1904/5 ships in 1895 and that 10 years might be the biggest 10 years in ship development in history.

You ship will be the largest warship on the planet with untested technology (not just super firing but the 9.2 2nd guns are more 1902/4 than 1895), just makes it look unlikely without a good back story.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 25 of 25  [ 242 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 121 22 23 24 25

Jump to: