Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
titania68
Post subject: German light cruiser SMS HelaPosted: May 6th, 2015, 5:37 am
I have been interested in the Hela for some time now, especially since she was the first German ship to be sunk by a British Submarine.
no one else seemed to want to do her, so here she is:

[ img ]

if you cant see her, you can find her here: http://121199.deviantart.com/art/Sms-He ... -531514201

Last edited by titania68 on May 7th, 2015, 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: German light cruiser SMS HelaPosted: May 6th, 2015, 2:08 pm
1. welcome to shipbucket.
2. it's normal for new comers to start in the beginner section of the forum (Admin would move you'r topic, if they think that to)
3. it's an good basic start, but there are a lot to do.
4. I have had a small look at you'r gallery in deviantart. And there is several Shipbucket drawing in there, where the credit line with the name of the original artist, have been removed. That is an big NO NO in shipbucket and I recommend you either delete those drawings or you fix the credit line.
Quote:
6. Crediting

All shipbucket images have the artist(s)' name shown in parentheses below the ship's class name. Always place your name on the drawings you post. You can use your real name, or an alias if you so choose... just make sure that the name you're using is not already being used by someone else. As expected, your alias must not be vulgar, racist, or otherwise rude or else we will not upload your drawings.

If you use someone else's drawing as a base for your own, add your name behind the original artist's name. Never remove the original artist's name. If we catch you doing this, your drawings will be deleted and you will be banned permanently from the shipbucket forum.

If you use a considerable amount of "blocks" or sections of someone else's drawings which are not in the "Things that help drawing" chart database, place their name ahead of yours in the credits.
titania68 wrote:
I have been interested in the Hela for some time now, especially since she was the first German ship to be sunk by a British Submarine.
no one else seemed to want to do her, so here she is:

[ img ]
We can see that you have used the drawing bellow as you'r drawing, but you dosn't credit the original artist "WhyMe". If I was you I would go to an corner of you'r room, and start looking at the wall....

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
titania68
Post subject: Re: German light cruiser SMS HelaPosted: May 7th, 2015, 5:05 am
oh dear, they do look rather similar...
truth is that I did use the bow and below waterline from WhyMe, however the rest was mine.
I will make a new one to avoid further confusion.

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: German light cruiser SMS HelaPosted: May 7th, 2015, 8:09 am
Why not just add his name as well and then its fine to use his hull ;) much easier than starting new and will look nice :D

O and welcome to shipbucket !

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: German light cruiser SMS HelaPosted: May 7th, 2015, 9:19 am
Welcome aboard titania68!

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
titania68
Post subject: Re: German light cruiser SMS HelaPosted: May 8th, 2015, 12:47 am
thank you! Hela is a rather difficult ship to build, hope you like her to some degree!

[Profile] [Quote]
titania68
Post subject: Re: German light cruiser SMS HelaPosted: May 8th, 2015, 6:43 am
[ img ]

since the last version had bits and pieces of SMS Gazelle from "WhyMe", I did Hela again without using his parts.
the design is still pretty similar to SMS Gazelle, so I hope there's no confusion.

if you cant see it, follow this link: http://121199.deviantart.com/art/Comple ... -531709107

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: German light cruiser SMS HelaPosted: May 8th, 2015, 7:03 am
I assume you are basing it off the line drawing from blueprints.com?

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: German light cruiser SMS HelaPosted: May 8th, 2015, 8:24 am
to make people see the image on shipbucket, you must image link to the image itself instead of the deviantart page it is on ;)
so like this :P
[ img ]

as for the drawing. you have a lot of double black lines, which are only allowed in sb if they cannot be evaded (gun barrels for example) so you will have to clean those up. on the other hand, you also have parts which are not outlined at all.

the guns this cruiser used might be on one of our parts sheets. parts from the parts sheet are free to use for every drawing that is on a shipbucket template.

compare whyme's drawing above with yours. not to attack you or something, but I think you agree yours looks crude and undetailed next to that. you have a nice start, but you will have to put some more work into the drawing before it is of the same standard ;)

I leave other comments to people who know more about ships of this period ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
titania68
Post subject: Re: German light cruiser SMS HelaPosted: May 9th, 2015, 12:20 am
I think I'm going to leave it for now, at least until I get better at this kind of thing.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: