Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 5  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 »
AlbertVonSuper
Post subject: Filipino Stealth CorvettePosted: May 16th, 2015, 9:25 pm
I made a stealth corvette inspired by the Visby but it's larger.

[ img ]

Some background:

Development on what would become the Leah (I'm actually still not sure about the name) class started in mid 2022. It is the first proper ship the Philippines has made itself but the Philippines are not alone in developing it. Fiji, Palau and Indochina have all taken part in developing the ship. It is designed with two missions in mind. 1) Patrolling the South East Asian Sea (South China/West Philippine sea) where new sea borders have been negotiated after the end of the war of Chinese aggression. 2) Patrolling and enforcing the sovereignty of nations in the Pacific plus being easy for small nations to operate.

Then there's also the unofficial mission; the reason other nations have been allowed to join in the development is to get them closer to the Philippines. This is part of a new policy of projecting power into the pacific. But that is secret so don't tell anyone.

Anyways feedback is appreciated I posted it here because I didn't really know where to go with it from where I was but it didn't seem to be finished. It is also my first drawing unless you count my other "attempt".

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

After a long time I now have a final design that looks like this.

[ img ]

Last edited by AlbertVonSuper on June 22nd, 2015, 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Filipino Stealth CorvettePosted: May 16th, 2015, 10:02 pm
It's a good attempt, but the freeboard and the superstructure are way too high. You say this is based on the Visby, but looking at it, it looks much shorter..

There is a drawing of the Visby in the Archive. You can look at this and either use it as a base or use it for scaling. Remember, if you use any major parts, it needs to be properly credited.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
AlbertVonSuper
Post subject: Re: Filipino Stealth CorvettePosted: May 16th, 2015, 11:26 pm
ezgo394 wrote:
It's a good attempt, but the freeboard and the superstructure are way too high. You say this is based on the Visby, but looking at it, it looks much shorter..

There is a drawing of the Visby in the Archive. You can look at this and either use it as a base or use it for scaling. Remember, if you use any major parts, it needs to be properly credited.
It is longer than the Visby on purpose. It has a bit more stuff in it to house. Although I will probably make it a little lower as I was already thinking it was a bit too tall.

I copied the MASS softkill system from the Visby otherwise everything else is from parts sheet or original. Should I credit it?

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Filipino Stealth CorvettePosted: May 16th, 2015, 11:37 pm
I meant shorter in height. Like I said, look at the Visby drawing to get a good idea.

Generally, anything from parts sheets don't need crediting. If it's from a ship, like a real-life system or something, then it probably doesn't need crediting. If you copy a system from an AU drawing, I would recommend crediting.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Filipino Stealth CorvettePosted: May 17th, 2015, 12:15 am
Those parts you are using are the old ones, and they are quit wrong and should be illegal to use. There are updated part sheets in the part section on this forum.

Shipbucket scale is:

(All shipbucket drawings are set at 2 pixels to 1 foot scale. This means that 1 pixel compares to approximately 0.15 meters. When you start drawing, scale your reference images to this scale at once. Be precise.

Missiles and gun barrels can be a bit out of scale in order to emphasize their smaller characteristics, but they should always be roughly in the same scale.)

basically that you have as an bridge window, the height off those windows are around the same height of an deck, that make you'r ship 9-10 deck high. ship of these type should be to high because of stability. you'r ship should basically be the same height of the Visby class, you'r ship is just around 10-15 meter longer

[Profile] [Quote]
AlbertVonSuper
Post subject: Re: Filipino Stealth CorvettePosted: May 17th, 2015, 12:34 am
Update

[ img ]

Ezgo: Yeah I got what you meant I think this is better.

heuhen: The sheet I got them from said it was to the same scale 2 pixels = 1 foot. Is this not true? Also I couldn't find any water jets on the new parts sheet nor the Oto Melera. Please tell me if I'm just blind :P And yeah I just noticed that windows are a too tall. I'll sort that out as quickly as possible.

[Profile] [Quote]
AlbertVonSuper
Post subject: Re: Filipino Stealth CorvettePosted: May 17th, 2015, 12:48 am
Made the windows a little smaller. They're a bit more similar to the ones on the Visby now.

[ img ]

Also I would like to note that this is just inspired by the Visby for the stealth structure and some specs. Otherwise it has a quite different mission.

EDIT: I forgot one window.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Filipino Stealth CorvettePosted: May 17th, 2015, 1:36 am
Welcome aboard, :)

modern ships aren't my forte but you seem to be using an Imast which is on the Dutch parts sheet, also with camouflage it's worth noting that those darker grey lines should be darker blue when passing though the blue camouflage.

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
AlbertVonSuper
Post subject: Re: Filipino Stealth CorvettePosted: May 17th, 2015, 1:44 am
Rodondo wrote:
Welcome aboard, :)

modern ships aren't my forte but you seem to be using an Imast which is on the Dutch parts sheet, also with camouflage it's worth noting that those darker grey lines should be darker blue when passing though the blue camouflage.
Thank you :)

Actually I'm not using anything from that parts sheet, the mast was inspired by this thing I saw earlier today and I thought it looked better than what I had. Although now that you have led me to the Dutch parts sheet I might use some stuff from it, like the SMART-s Mk2 since it's a lot better than my attempt :p.

Also I'll remember to re-colour the lines when I get back on my pc tomorrow.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Filipino Stealth CorvettePosted: May 17th, 2015, 7:12 am
for the gun Oto Melara, you can find the correct one here:

http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... =16&t=2755

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 5  [ 49 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: