Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 5  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Filipino Stealth CorvettePosted: June 18th, 2015, 11:28 am
Well that you have as MASS softkill aren't that. That you have there is fire control radar. And you need fire fire control radar.

If you want the correct MASS softkill, have an look at the skjold class in the archive. She have MASS softkill.

[Profile] [Quote]
AlbertVonSuper
Post subject: Re: Filipino Stealth CorvettePosted: June 18th, 2015, 11:52 am
Oh I was just copying from the Visby and thought that was it's MASS although now I'm unsure it even has that. But thanks for the heads up anyways and I guess I'll keep one of them.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Filipino Stealth CorvettePosted: June 18th, 2015, 2:14 pm
That one you see just in front of the superstructure, standing on it's own little superstructure is the MASS.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Judah14
Post subject: Re: Filipino Stealth CorvettePosted: June 19th, 2015, 3:22 am
Here is the MASS as a single part:
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
AlbertVonSuper
Post subject: Re: Filipino Stealth CorvettePosted: June 20th, 2015, 8:31 pm
Sorry I took a few days again, I was busy Thursday and didn't get done Friday but anyways I have something now.

[ img ]

- I lowered the freeboard again. I think it's starting to be low enough though. It certainly looks a lot more like the Visby now.

- The superstructure now only raises two levels above the freeboard.

- I went back to an I-mast and I think I landed on something I like this time so unless there are any problems with it I will stick with it.

- I changed the rake(?) back to being more similar to what it was before because it looked better.

- I went back to have a mast with the flag on it + I will add some detailing if it all looks good.

- I added a search light just above the bridge since I figured that would make a lot of sense.

- I switched to the proper MASS model (thanks @Judah14 for that one) and covered them up.

- I moved the exhaust closer to the engine room.

- I looked at some pictures of the Visby and noticed that the directioner was off so I tried to make it look a little more like the real one.

- I switched to a single RDP instead of a normal prop because; they make less noise so they're better for stealth, they're easier to maintain so it will make the vessel a little cheaper and I can just have another turbine instead or an engine which will be great if I ever equip a railgun on this.

- I added a thing for the bow sonar mostly to look nice.

also I did like you said and didn't put camo on it.

Lastly for my own sake I made another internal view where you can also see the levels.

[ img ]

The only thing I'm not quite sure about is whether there would be any problems with the VLS cells. I can't see any myself but I have a feeling that there would be some sort of problem with having them go this deep down the ship.

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Filipino Stealth CorvettePosted: June 20th, 2015, 8:55 pm
How many VLS do you need ? (for a Corvette !) and how deep remember they are square at the bottom and wide.

Looks like you have 3 sets of 32 cells (and deep strike length !), IMO you only want 1 set of 32 max and it could be shorter tac length (and you can quad pac most of it anyway with ESSM)

What are you going to put in even 32 cells ? would give you 12 Harpoons, 12 ASROC, 32(8x4) ESSM ?

[Profile] [Quote]
AlbertVonSuper
Post subject: Re: Filipino Stealth CorvettePosted: June 20th, 2015, 9:07 pm
@JSB Wait I thought each of those were only two cells each. I only want 10 cells or something.

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Filipino Stealth CorvettePosted: June 20th, 2015, 9:15 pm
Have a look at http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... =16&t=2755 should show the options.

At the moment you have 3x32 SL MK 41 ? (I think they come in min 8 cell blocks, 16 should be ok ?)

[Profile] [Quote]
AlbertVonSuper
Post subject: Re: Filipino Stealth CorvettePosted: June 20th, 2015, 9:20 pm
Oh well 16 was the original plan but I lowered it to 10 so that should definitely be fine.

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Filipino Stealth CorvettePosted: June 20th, 2015, 9:23 pm
Also why 2 MASS ? (or 2 of anything light Corvettes are not going to carry much redundancy its heavy and expensive)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 5  [ 49 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: