Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
theminer220
Post subject: Re: Fishing boat for a possible AUPosted: May 31st, 2015, 8:17 pm
JSB wrote:
I would just have 2 sets of ships, the 20/30 ship (or even a WW1 ship converted to civilian use) that gets bought for navy use in WW2 and then a war built ship (maybe LL) that joins them for WW2 and then takes over till the 60s/70s ?

That would make 2 ships,
- 20/30s trawler
- replaced with Something Isles-class trawlers like (or anything free on LL or at end of the war).

50m ish length would be the minimum for work in far north with boats a 40mm cast off and 2 .5MGs
Good point. Maybe it could be built in the 1920s, bought for naval use around 1939, and used until the early 50s and then be scrapped?

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Fishing boat for a possible AUPosted: May 31st, 2015, 8:32 pm
No just keep posting (unless you want it to be neat but this is a first go so I would just carry on and get as much advice as possible, even from people who really know stuff, unlike me :P )

[Profile] [Quote]
theminer220
Post subject: Re: Fishing boat for a possible AUPosted: May 31st, 2015, 11:12 pm
Here's a new version I made.
[ img ]
Some things still seem pretty weird with it, and the scale seems very wrong (I couldn't fit a lifeboat from one of the parts sheets into here without it looking weird.)

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Fishing boat for a possible AUPosted: June 1st, 2015, 7:37 am
I preferred the smaller version. At the most another 20 pixels (10 feet) would have been enough.
I like it and the concept, I know Denmark had a few similar vessels for Home Guard duties, Finland and Sweden too. Actually one of those ex-Danish fishing craft still serves as a patrol craft in Lithuania.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Fishing boat for a possible AUPosted: June 1st, 2015, 10:29 am
Hood wrote:
I preferred the smaller version. At the most another 20 pixels (10 feet) would have been enough.
I like it and the concept, I know Denmark had a few similar vessels for Home Guard duties, Finland and Sweden too. Actually one of those ex-Danish fishing craft still serves as a patrol craft in Lithuania.
It's a bit hard to find truly hard numbers since the exact ownership and registration of the ships were a bit fuzzy, but as near as I can tell the RDN has operated 118 fishing vessels from 1942 to 2005 when the last one was transferred Lithuania.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
theminer220
Post subject: Re: Fishing boat for a possible AUPosted: June 1st, 2015, 12:59 pm
Hood wrote:
Thanks, and I agree. Does it look okay height-wise?

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Fishing boat for a possible AUPosted: June 1st, 2015, 2:35 pm
The built up forecastle and quarterdeck looks a bit odd. Most fishing boats of that size were flush decked. Some had shelters forward and aft, but that's mostly a postwar thing AFAIK.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
theminer220
Post subject: Re: Fishing boat for a possible AUPosted: June 1st, 2015, 2:48 pm
Thiel wrote:
The built up forecastle and quarterdeck looks a bit odd. Most fishing boats of that size were flush decked. Some had shelters forward and aft, but that's mostly a postwar thing AFAIK.
Okay, thanks for the advice.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: