Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 3  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 »
ABetterName
Post subject: Re: Thirty Three OriginalPosted: June 30th, 2015, 4:13 am
Might I suggest replacing the black line on the joint between the "shaft" and the hull with a 45 degree angle line?

[Profile] [Quote]
Western_1
Post subject: Re: Thirty Three OriginalPosted: June 30th, 2015, 5:54 am
Like this? I also added new lifeboats, not sure if the ones at the tower are laid out right, I used a parts sheet for those lifeboats and their launcher. Each one has a capacity of 50, there are 6 total so plenty of room for the entire crew and anyone else who happens to be on-board for some reason.

New hanger, angled somewhat to help with wind resistance. Enough space for a helicopter and 2 new camcopters I worked on. Its not an ideal sized landing pad, but its alright for emergencies.

I also added a widdle flag. I am still trying to determine a rough number for how many TEU this thing is.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Thirty Three OriginalPosted: June 30th, 2015, 9:21 pm
Still there is no re-fuelling station for the nuclear rods.
Having the landing pad forward means it will be destroyed the first time your ship encounter some serious seas coming over the bows.
The life boats near the bridge will be useless in an emergency, leaving the crew to dash for safety, a quarter of a mile (seamen are notoriously slow moving on land, or so the stories say)
Stern thrusters, again I think not.Again your electronics suite is lacking.
Bridge structure looks wrong still.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Western_1
Post subject: Re: Thirty Three OriginalPosted: June 30th, 2015, 10:13 pm
I need an example of what a refueling station looks like, I don't even know where to begin.

Looking at many other ships with similar landing pads, I doubt that will happen.

How will the lifeboats be useless? You need to be more specific.

Stern thrusters are on the triple E class, so I won't be removing those. I am not seeing any good reason to and the fact that they are on a massive container ship like mine in real life shows that I should leave them.

For electronics, I am going to need more specifics. Same with why the bridge looks wrong.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Thirty Three OriginalPosted: July 1st, 2015, 3:28 am
Novice wrote:
Still there is no re-fuelling station for the nuclear rods.
The reactors are going to be around the 200m mark, and are likely to have containers over them. That said, some lifeboats near that point would not be a bad idea.
krases wrote:
For electronics, I am going to need more specifics. Same with why the bridge looks wrong.
Civilian ships like this have multiple smaller radars to provide redundancy for surface and weather tracking. The radar you've got on there is an early drawing of the Type 992 radar, which was an air search and target indication radar, not something you'd want on your ship. The radars you want are going to be small bar radars, and you will want several of them with backups near the bow and stern for extra coverage.

[Profile] [Quote]
Western_1
Post subject: Re: Thirty Three OriginalPosted: July 1st, 2015, 6:33 am
Ok, gave the reactor area a lifeboat. I also re-worked some of the radar to reflect other shipbucket designs ive seen.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
ABetterName
Post subject: Re: Thirty Three OriginalPosted: July 1st, 2015, 7:33 am
I'm not sure if this is the exact issue being referred to, but your bridge is literally just a block copy+pasted over and over.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Thirty Three OriginalPosted: July 1st, 2015, 7:40 am
the tripple E has neither bow nor stern thrusters. would be a mistake too, on a ship build to be as efficient as possible!
you put a huge wavebreaker in front of the forward containers but you claim that the helipad will be safe in rough seas, that does not really match :P

[Profile] [Quote]
Western_1
Post subject: Re: Thirty Three OriginalPosted: July 1st, 2015, 3:47 pm
I didn't know that was a wavebreaker, I thought that was for aerodynamics. 0_0 Where do I put the helipad now?

It looks like i might have been mixing up the Emma Maersk with the Triple E. Why would Emma have thrusters but not the Triple E?

When it comes to the bridge, a lot of container ships are just like that.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Thirty Three OriginalPosted: July 1st, 2015, 4:40 pm
krases wrote:
When it comes to the bridge, a lot of container ships are just like that.
yeah but they have engine and the funnel aft. and Just the superstructure with living quarters forward. But you have an nuclear powerplant, that is going to take up some space under deck. and some space above deck for ventilation that are needed.

But I would like to see the superstructure a bit thicker. and you should also use black lines in the windows at the bridge, instead for grey-ish color.

triple E.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 3  [ 27 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3 »

Jump to: