Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 4  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4
Tobius
Post subject: Re: Notional prototype drawings. 1880 US seagoing monitor.Posted: August 27th, 2015, 11:39 am
[ img ]

I'm about where I am happy with the shading. and the hull forms.

[ img ]

The platforms and masts of the period have a uniform raked leaned back look across the British designs while the French seem to have gone in for a more squared straight look.

I looked to the Germans, French and Italians for the historic inspirations for my revised American designs for the era.

[ img ]

[ img ]

and

[ img ]

The mix of cranes, boat handling arrangements and masts should be source apparent.

As for the inspiration of the strange towers and armament layouts for the American battleships and armored cruisers?

[ img ]

Hence you will see a more squared off (less aesthetic look for some of the alternate history hulls and superstructures.

[Profile] [Quote]
Tobius
Post subject: Re: Notional prototype drawings. 1880 US seagoing monitor.Posted: September 8th, 2015, 9:27 pm
I'm convinced that like some tyros I will never get it right, but I'm stubborn. I will continue to practice until I at least get it 'acceptable'.

Latest efforts.

One I did not like;

[ img ]

and with it reworked;

[ img ]

Still not happy, but it looks aesthetically better.

I'm trying to get away from the sameness complaint.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 4  [ 32 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4

Jump to: