Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ] 
Andrzej1
Post subject: Kaiser Friedrich III class modernisation 1907-1910Posted: September 30th, 2015, 4:36 pm
I have recently registered on shipbucket as member Andrzej13. I've done some works in franscale and in FD scale, but I have never done SB scale drawings. In august I have read about modernisation of german Kaiser Friedrich III-class battleships which occured in 1907-1910. Because of problems with my account I have registered as Andrzej1. I've done this work using the ReiAyanami's work.

In 1907 all ships of class except of the SMS Kaiser Karl der Grosse were heavily rebuilt. The massive superstructure caused problems with stability of this ships, so it was decided to overhaul that ships. All battleships of this class had their superstructures cut down, some 88-mm guns were removed to the upper deck. Also four 15cm guns which were located in lower casemates were removed, as well as one torpedo tube. In such condition they took part in the beginning of World War I as part of the Third Squadron of the German High Seas Fleet. All ships never took part in combat and were deactivated by 1916, ending War in different roles - as guardships, hulks or training ships.
[URL=http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/ ... .png[/img][/url]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]  Return to “Beginners Only”

Jump to: